Hard man city 11

It's like the old Keane/Vieira debate. Keane was great at acting hard, but let's be honest, Vieira would have absolutely decked him if it ever came to blows.

In that sense, Haaland is as hard as they come. Absolutely bullies huge centre backs off the ball regularly, and sticks up for his teammates. But he's too good to need to be a thug, so no-one will ever consider him a hard man.
What about Haaland senior hard or not?

It was said in the OP: NDJ. Didn't need to be loud about it, didn't need to threaten anyone. Genuine hard men can allow themselves to be quiet.
Still am amazed at that non-red card by Webb in the World Cup final. It's the clearest red card I've ever seen not given, in more than fifty years of following the game. Not saying I approve, at all, of what Nigel did. It was stupid, especially in a WC final. He was a very, very, very lucky boy. But for us, it was great to have NDJ in the middle, able to ‘leave his mark’, as they say.

À
Andy Morrison is the equivalent of 11 of the so called hard men of football, nobody comes close, you only have to read the guys book to
Understand why he was a bit of a fruit loop,

He made Roy Keane and Ron chopper Harris look like pussy cats
Think he also said in his book he had a run in with Wanchope who I also seem to recall attacking a fan abroad for giving him abuse.

Roy Paul famously told the team just before the 1956 FAC Final that he hadn't got to Wembley 2 yrs on the trot to lose again. If City lost he said he would sort them all out, one by one. There were some toughies in that team, but they all believed he would do it. Now that's a hard man IMHO and worth his place in any City Hard Man X1.

That they don't take any nonsense from the likes of Barton.

Doyle or Gow or Summerbee were never sneaky. They played hard. they stood up for themselves and their team mates and weren't to be messed with - but they don't kick someone in order to get a reaction and get them sent off.
tony colman

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.