Hard to believe

TripleTaz said:
Reading through this forum, it is extremely hard to believe the things some 'fans' are saying on here. I wasn't a die hard 'hughes-outer' (I support the club) but when he went it was evidently for the best, even if it wasn't done in the right way (we do not know what has gone on behind the scenes); if we would have employed him after the investment it would have been unbelievable, yet, I understand some fans expected more time.

Mancini has came in and some fans instantly think he is the wrong man for the job, shocking. These 'fans' are going against everyone at the club (including players), until they leave (then it is a disgrace e.g. Elano, Hughes).

The owners have spent millions of their own money on our club; improved our infrastructure massively and spent massive amounts on players, and are now being criticized by some fans on here? WOW. Have they made any 'mistakes' before this? Do you understand how lucky we are to have our owners?
Idiotic comment. Some fans were moaning about Hughes even before he signed his contract.

And although I agree our owners have been excellent up to this, they can never be above criticism from the fans of the club. Everyone agreed with my response to Colin Shindler when I made the point that the fans were the soul of the club, not the owners, manager or players. Well the fans are clearly split on this as the poll shows.

I would have struggled to criticise them if they'd done this on Wednesday night so it's not unreasonalbe to say they've dropped a bollock. Let's hope they can put it behind them and learn a valuable lesson from it but sadly I think this has plenty of legs yet.

twinkletoes said:
blueinsa said:
No, the owner got what he wanted. Big difference.

...and he fucked up in a big way.

Only in the timing of the sacking imo, he should have got rid when he took over. Hughes was never his man, that is becoming very clear and he should have had the balls to fire him then. Instead i believe he was afraid of the bad press,(we have seen what they would do) and decided to stick with him. What no one can doubt is the backing Hughes got though.

We now all need to see what the rest of this season brings before we say whther or not it was a mistake. I have a sneaky feeling that the owner will really now spend the cash, he has his own man in and hopefully we will really push on and perform.

No gaurentees in football though, we all know that.

blueinsa said:
twinkletoes said:
...and he fucked up in a big way.

Only in the timing of the sacking imo, he should have got rid when he took over. Hughes was never his man, that is becoming very clear and he should have had the balls to fire him then. Instead i believe he was afraid of the bad press,(we have seen what they would do) and decided to stick with him. What no one can doubt is the backing Hughes got though.

We now all need to see what the rest of this season brings before we say whther or not it was a mistake. I have a sneaky feeling that the owner will really now spend the cash, he has his own man in and hopefully we will really push on and perform.

A knee jerk reaction which brought a knee jerk appointment.

I hope Hughes sues their arses off.

If Mancini fails to attain a top four position at the end of the season has he failed? If so should he be replaced?

twinkletoes said:
blueinsa said:

If Mancini fails to attain a top four position at the end of the season has he failed? If so should he be replaced?

Like i said, he was never their guy, they should have got rid at the start. By not doing so, they have invited this on, no doubt.

I honestly dont think that they will bother about Hughes suing them. I would expect they have paid him up in full for his contract anyway so fail to see what he will gain by it? Not a legal expert though so could be wrong.

Mancini will have targets, if he fails he should also expect the ultimate. I honelty believe Mourinho is the real target and the owners are just biding time till he says yes anyway, just my opinion.

This is football, big business with big money. Anything other than winning nowadays is just not acceptable and im puzzled by anyone not realising that. Baconface was lucky in respect he got his time 20 years ago, make no mistake, had he just started now at Prawn Trafford, he would have got fired given his start he had.

TripleTaz said:
Reading through this forum, it is extremely hard to believe the things some 'fans' are saying on here. I wasn't a die hard 'hughes-outer' (I support the club) but when he went it was evidently for the best, even if it wasn't done in the right way (we do not know what has gone on behind the scenes); if we would have employed him after the investment it would have been unbelievable, yet, I understand some fans expected more time.

Mancini has came in and some fans instantly think he is the wrong man for the job, shocking. These 'fans' are going against everyone at the club (including players), until they leave (then it is a disgrace e.g. Elano, Hughes).

The owners have spent millions of their own money on our club; improved our infrastructure massively and spent massive amounts on players, and are now being criticized by some fans on here? WOW. Have they made any 'mistakes' before this? Do you understand how lucky we are to have our owners?

Whoa, whoa, whoa, TT. This is exactly what Hughes had to contend with from a very sizeable minority of fans from the first day he was appointed, and it wouldn't have mattered had we been currently occupying a place in the league two or three places better than we are presently placed. He was red, he was dour, he was from Blackburn, he was Welsh.

Some folk never gave him a single chance. Don't bother trowelling over it, OutersFromDayOne. You know who you are, and we know who you are! It shouldn't be expected that Mancini receive any different treatment than Hughes had to put up with. I shall not demand from Mancini anything other than a decent performance on the pitch, but let's not come that one, that he deserves better than Hughes got.

blueinsa said:
twinkletoes said:

Like i said, he was never their guy, they should have got rid at the start. By not doing so, they have invited this on, no doubt.

I honestly dont think that they will bother about Hughes suing them. I would expect they have paid him up in full for his contract anyway so fail to see what he will gain by it? Not a legal expert though so could be wrong.

Mancini will have targets, if he fails he should also expect the ultimate. I honelty believe Mourinho is the real target and the owners are just biding time till he says yes anyway, just my opinion.

This is football, big business with big money. Anything other than winning nowadays is just not acceptable and im puzzled by anyone not realising that. Baconface was lucky in respect he got his time 20 years ago, make no mistake, had he just started now at Prawn Trafford, he would have got fired given his start he had.

So we should all just shut up and accept anything our owners do? I don't think so.

Prestwich_Blue said:
TripleTaz said:

Idiotic comment. Some fans were moaning about Hughes even before he signed his contract.

And although I agree our owners have been excellent up to this, they can never be above criticism from the fans of the club. Everyone agreed with my response to Colin Shindler when I made the point that the fans were the soul of the club, not the owners, manager or players. Well the fans are clearly split on this as the poll shows.

I would have struggled to criticise them if they'd done this on Wednesday night so it's not unreasonalbe to say they've dropped a bollock. Let's hope they can put it behind them and learn a valuable lesson from it but sadly I think this has plenty of legs yet.

maybe thats why our owners did what they did, as they forsaw the disruption it may have caused.
They are a clever bunch our owners you know

twinkletoes said:
blueinsa said:

So we should all just shut up and accept anything our owners do? I don't think so.

Not saying that!

Tell me though, what do you want him to do?

Issue a public apology for upsetting some of us?

Reinstate Hughes?

Admit his behaviour has been disgusting and do the honourable thing and leave our club?

Not of it is going to happen because what he has done is not disgusting, this is a businees, his business and he has the right to say who he employs and who he doesnt, whether we like it or not.

We can all accept that and get on with it or we can harp on about it forever.

You have the right to moan mate, i have no problem with that but for me it wont change a thing as you well know.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Whoa, whoa, whoa, TT. This is exactly what Hughes had to contend with from a very sizeable minority of fans from the first day he was appointed, and it wouldn't have mattered had we been currently occupying a place in the league two or three places better than we are presently placed. He was red, he was dour, he was from Blackburn, he was Welsh.

Some folk never gave him a single chance. Don't bother trowelling over it, OutersFromDayOne. You know who you are, and we know who you are! It shouldn't be expected that Mancini receive any different treatment than Hughes had to put up with. I shall not demand from Mancini anything other than a decent performance on the pitch, but let's not come that one, that he deserves better than Hughes got.

True, many 'fans' went against Hughes from the start, but the majority including me were happy with Hughes... We expected a much more solid defense than under Sven and a harder team to beat, which is true, but easier to draw against ;) but I support any manager or player at our club until they are gone.

Honestly though, Mancini is 45 years old, has won a lot in his short time of management and I am genuinely very happy with him as our manager. I know more about him than most fans on here as have followed Serie A for a long time and am confident we will see a big improvement. People talk about him being second choice to Mourinho or Hiddink which may be true, and Hughes is being regarded as a more long term manager but who is to say Mancini won't be our Wenger or Baconface?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.