Harrison Miles (England u16 captain officially joins City Academy)

3 times, not difficult to spot those attributes is it to be fair? Sibling another huge stand out when I’ve watched Southampton or England.

I would add he goes into a very talented pool of midfield players so no guarantees. He maybe doesn’t have the physical attributes of lads like dado Mascol and that seems more and more an attibute that prospers
If you can judge someone on 3 games you should apply for a scouting job, every team in Europe will be outbidding each other for your services lol.
There have been numerous players at City (and all clubs) who have looked world beaters in a few games....but were in fact, completely shite in reality. Spurs had a 'wonderkid' who was England captain at age groups, he played his whole career in the lower leagues, so yes, it is difficult to spot the right attributes. He obviously has 'something' but that doesn't mean he is guaranteed to play at PL level....and who is Sibling ;)

If you can judge someone on 3 games you should apply for a scouting job, every team in Europe will be outbidding each other for your services lol.
There have been numerous players at City (and all clubs) who have looked world beaters in a few games....but were in fact, completely shite in reality. Spurs had a 'wonderkid' who was England captain at age groups, he played his whole career in the lower leagues, so yes, it is difficult to spot the right attributes. He obviously has 'something' but that doesn't mean he is guaranteed to play at PL level....and who is Sibling ;)
100% agree with you btw, no gaurantees. Dibling sorry predictive text had me.Do I think he will play for City highly unlikely no, PL probably not, but if they invest in 20 kids and one is a star the business model has worked.

Trust me I know the system well, and there will be dozens like Harrison Miles get dropped a few years down the line but the sort of money City are paying these kids they bring in between 10-20k per week, they will be rejected millionaires.hopefully they deal with it ok and have good careers but the City bar not easy to get over.

100% agree with you btw, no gaurantees. Dibling sorry predictive text had me.Do I think he will play for City highly unlikely no, PL probably not, but if they invest in 20 kids and one is a star the business model has worked.

Trust me I know the system well, and there will be dozens like Harrison Miles get dropped a few years down the line but the sort of money City are paying these kids they bring in between 10-20k per week, they will be rejected millionaires.hopefully they deal with it ok and have good careers but the City bar not easy to get over.
Good money, good coaching and good education giving firm foundations for those who fall through the cracks.
No wonder we're able to attract top young talent.

Agree, I know the system too ;) my next door neighbour is a current scholar and my brother was a schoolboy pre academy......both at Southampton, not City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.