Harrow town centre for wembley

BlueBoy85 said:
I don't think they are that stupid to close a main line into wembley, whilst potentially carrying 10's of thousands of people on a semi final and marathon day.

They can't expect to shut half the roads in London for runners and shut the metropolitan line, it would be logistical suicide?
I hope you are right, but living down here, I'm not so confident. They love to screw everyone's weekend on the tube/train network.

It was bad enough faffing about trying to get to Chelsea last week on the tube but for that weekend they will have to suspend the line closures even on the jubilee line.

cleavers said:
kimbo said:
3 stops on the metropolitan line from harrow on the hill, northwick park, preston road and wembley park.
If there isn't weekend maintenance, this line has been subjected to this for about 18 months now, so don't rely on the tube working.

Cheers mate you cheery fucker ;-)

alright guys,

I lived in harrow for most of my life untill i moved up to manchester. i can tell you that its a great option before a game at wembley, and no RAGS really go there before they play at wembley (bar the cockney reds who live there and never go)

From the station to wembley your talkin about 10 minutes to the stadium, and u can also get the bus... number 223 from the station at harrow straight outside the stadium too.

there a few good boozers in the town, as some1 stated before theres a whetherspoons near the station which is always a shout, or another pub called the junction were its like £2 a pint... its one of those yellowcard pubs like the footage on oxford road..

be great to see my hometown filled with blues!!!

ctid<br /><br />-- Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:43 am --<br /><br />Oh and the TUBE WILL BE RUNNING ON THE METROPOLITAN LINE...

its one of the two lines on the underground that is the wembley shuttle out to harrow were you can get national rail, soo it will be running.

hope that helps guys

I lived in harrow many years ago and am considering going back there. My concern is getting the tube back. Won't it take hours to get on?

Didsbury Dave said:
I lived in harrow many years ago and am considering going back there. My concern is getting the tube back. Won't it take hours to get on?
If its running then it shouldn't take long. Been to 2 concerts at Wembley in the last 3 years, and the getting away on the tube is far more efficient than you might imagine, its very well organised, assuming of course there is no bother.

Apparently loads of asians live in Harrow as the taxi cab drivers take them there when they get out of the airport.

*whistles, with thumb out*

My brother use to work for Glaxo Welcome in Harrow I've had a good few benders around their. Can easily get a bus to Wembley.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.