Harry Kane

Until Kane is signed and playing no one can make that assertation. You seem entrenched in a view that is very presumptuous.

Kane could be great or he could be an expensive flop.
Well yes - hence the more or less 50/50 split of the vote.

Exactly. The pros & cons are clear but the truth is that not 1 person knows how this will pan out.
Try telling that to his fan boys, Arry is the greatest striker that ever lived and we should be lauding him before he even kicks a ball.

Haaland is available at a price.....he setup one of their goals so we didnt shut him down and he bullied ruben off the ball...how many strikers will do that?....but its more than about one game as Kanes record against us aint great either.
Kane hasnt got a great record against the top teams thats there in stats as well......poor against 4 of the top 6 (exceptions are Arsenal and Leicester)...people keep making an excuse that he is palying for spurs (they arent a good team apparently) yet in the last 5 games vs spurs we have won 3 and lost 2 (2020-2021) - kane didnt score any either btw.

Haaland is the fastest and youngest player to reach 20 champions league goals (in just 14 CL games)....kane took 24 games to do this as a comparrison

But again its not just about the stats or one off games..

I beleive Haaland is more mobile and would fit into a fluid front 3...whereas Kane isnt/cant..yes he drops deep and links play very well (Haaland also can do this) but I think Kane makes us more rigid in attack

He has less pace than haaland and though we dont play on the break that much there are times its useful...Kane aint quick and looks like he is getting slower. think about the possibiility of Haaland with Edersons quick releases/long passes. Haaland is also clearly the more physically stonger player as well

Kanes injury record around his ankles is a concern .......that aint getting better and it reoccurs most seasons at some point - yes we maybe able to rest him....but it may also be forced on us at some point.

As ive said, Kane will score lots of goals for us but in the moments that count, the one off games Id rather have Haaland.....or even wait a year (though that aint going to happen unless levy really digs his heels in and insists on pricing him out of a move)
There is no indication that he is "available at a price". All indications are that he stays at Dortmund. The rest of the post is thus irrelevant - akin to arguing who would win an India vs Pakistan cricket match.

That said, on purely theoretical grounds: Haaland had a couple of moments in two legs against us - that's not a material influence. Jude Bellingham was way more of a threat and we're not in for him, let alone at the silly money tags being attached to Haaland.

Dont know what you mean by Kane making us more rigid - he has shown himself to be a versatile playmaker and a goalscorer in a pretty average Spurs side.

The rest is your opinion - and who is better in one-off games is pure speculation. We have little if any evidence as to how Haaland handles major games and zero evidence of how he will adapt to the Premier League.

Last edited:
Quoted the wrong post and got the game wrong, wasn’t my best effort ..lol
:) no worries bud. Maybe he will prove me wrong, but I don't think Madrid would let him go for a fairly low price if they thought he was any good

There is no indication that he is "available at a price". All indications are that he stays at Dortmund. The rest of the post is thus irrelevant - akin to arguing who would win an India vs Pakistan cricket match.

That said, on purely theoretical grounds: Haaland had a couple of moments in two legs against us - that's not a material influence. Jude Bellingham was way more of a threat and we're not in for him, let alone at the silly money tags being attached to Haaland.

Dont know what you mean by Kane making us more rigid - he has shown himself to be a versatile playmaker and a goalscorer in a pretty average Spurs side.

The rest is your opinion - and who is better in one-off games is pure speculation. We have little if any evidence as to how Haaland handles major games and zero evidence of how he will adapt to the Premier League.
I've said it a few times, but I had zero rooting interest in the Euros and Kane impressed the hell out of me. Obviously not the same player but he KIND OF reminded me of Tevez in his approach. He was a bulldog dropping back and pressing. Not selfish on the ball as striker.

I think if you look at all angles, Haaland is the better option if he works out. You get production and then he'll eventually want to move on. You recoup some of the fee and that's fine and dandy. He should be fine as a signing but he's in a different league and who knows if the physicality or pressure of the EPL gets to him. I'd venture to say no but it isn't guaranteed.

Kane has wrecked shit in the league for years now. He's a known commodity. His floor is higher on the pitch but financially you aren't likely to recoup any sort of fee when he's past it.

I'm warming to the idea we leave both players where they are so the fans can wank themselves silly over winning the 'we kept our best players nananananana' trophy whilst we crack on with the serious business of winning most competitions we enter.
I'm sure Jack and Harry will be content with keeping the loyal fan bases happy and winning fuck all for the rest of their careers because that's what all footballers want at the end of the day, to be loved by Sid from Solihull and that weird **** with 91 in his name from I guess his mums basement.

Sign Ings and we are good to go.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.