Harry Kane

Your entire post was a suppository.

You're a feeder club to the top clubs and that's what you'll remain. Oh and if Kane leaves you and goes to a club who now hasn't consistently won trophies for 15 years than what the fuck does it say about the state of Spurs?

You're the laughing stock of English football and have been for at least 20 years.

Lads, it's Spurs.
don't forget

SPURSY

So how do you think the situation will play out? DIfficult to see Levy budging and I don't know whether we have backup options for Kane...

Your valuation simply does not make any sense.

1. Firstly we know you can afford £160m. You can probably afford £300m
2. You have set the market price high with £100m for the beautiful Jack. Kane is clearly a more valuable player
3. Thirdly despite what many of you are saying, we don't need to sell. Yes, the debt is massive but it is well structured and manageable.
4. Does Kane want to go? Yes, of course. But if he goes on strike until August - so what? In the end he will have to start playing again or he is not in the England squad and he does not get his dream move to United next summer.
5. Three years on his contract means he is still very sellable next year
6. We'll need replacement players - a striker is £60m maybe more now they know we have cash. Plus we hope to buy a few more so we have a good chance of one them becoming a superstar that you can buy in three years (see Bale's money)
7. We want a nice little profit on the deal
8. So £60m for a striker, a few more at £20-40m each and some profit plus the uplift/tax because it is City seems to equal £160m not £100m

One other point that no-one has mentioned is that, maybe, and this is just supposition, the new stadium naming rights could be contingent on Kane staying.
Despite all the nonsense in this post you have missed 1 very obvious and telling point.

Not once have you mentioned Spurs trying to actually win something on the field. It’s all about finance and the profit sheet.

You have the audacity to preach but miss the point. Your rotten football club is not competitive at all.

Kane knows it, we all know it.

So how do you think the situation will play out? DIfficult to see Levy budging and I don't know whether we have backup options for Kane...

I think Kane makes a public statement saying that he wishes to leave and forgoes his loyalty bonus on his existing contract (which will be big).

Spurs spend a week saying that they still won't sell. Then around the first game of the season they "reluctantly" accept an offer from City and the club brief that Levy decided to let Paritici and Nuno make the final decision, and they advised him to sell.

We don’t sign players to sell them on. We’re not Spurs
We’ve signed loads of players and sold them on. And we sensibly don’t usually pay fees at this level for 27 year olds neither, or at all.

But I’m not thinking in terms of City and what we usually do, I’m thinking in terms of the fee and what you’d expect to come with it:
- Long term
- Room for development and improvement over the course of the contact from the player
- Chance to sell on and earn something back (even if we opt not to)
- No worries over injury history

He doesn’t tick any of these boxes. He’s 27, he’s as good as he ever will be, his best years might even be behind him, he’s had some big injuries to his ankles and he’s looking less athletic as he’s getting into his late 20s because of them.

He literally just ticks the ‘scores goals’ box. I wouldn’t put that above any fee paid for the likes of Pogba or van Dijk.

I think Kane makes a public statement saying that he wishes to leave and forgoes his loyalty bonus on his existing contract (which will be big).

Spurs spend a week saying that they still won't sell. Then around the first game of the season they "reluctantly" accept an offer from City and the club brief that Levy decided to let Paritici and Nuno make the final decision, and they advised him to sell.
I’m not sure why people are still flapping tbh.

I just find it hilarious how certain we were of a top striker coming in letting Kun basically go already in April with the crocodile tears of Pep, then Nmecha did say the same as Kun that a new striker is planned to be brought in and the club kind of let them know of it and their chances due to it, and now here we are about 10 days from PL start and still trying to negotiate with Spurs who we knew exactly how hard it will be to get a deal with and we waited all June/Euros to finish and all July too to end up here.

I would have shit all over the "no negotiation under the Euros", Southgate would have had no balls to bench Kane due to it, put the bid in first of June and I am sure now we would be in a more advanced stage, either by going for another target or have him in the bag.

You think this is bullshit, try the Messi or 'its quiet' threads.
Messi joining us with his ‘gentleman’s agreement’ : )
It was a slightly tongue in cheek post.
I love reading it all, rumours, opinions and arguments.
It’d be a pretty boring forum if we all agreed and got along.
Though I do find it funny when people get abusive just cos they disagree with a post.

Oh wow..that is incredibly specific. I really hope we do get him for around <130m..I am just worried that since the world cup is coming soon, kane will just buckle.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.