Harry Kane

That's the biggest reason I'm not sold on Kane, I've never seen him make the difference in a big game or on the big stage, for England or Spurs. He averages consistent numbers, but he has never proven himself in the big moments. And that's precisely what we need.

We score enough against the dross in the league as it is, we need someone to make a difference in the big moments like Aguero did. Kane would definitely improve us, but I'm just not sold that he's that player.
While I love players like that, I think they can be subject to that paradox of being 'good in a crisis'.
i.e., teams rely on them being able to grab a game by the scruff of the neck when clutch moments arrive - and so many do arrive.

For Pep (and us) I believe the philosophy is more about vastly reducing the number of clutch moments required because we already generally create lots of chances but aren't clinical enough at taking them. If we tweak our regulation approach and improve the finishing aspect, we should see many more of those games where we are already 2 or 3 goals up at half time - the rest of the process is working extremely well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.