Harry Kane

Like you I have concerns about Kev's injury. Hopefully he will not need surgery, but it is worrying.
Pep probably thought he wasn’t worth risking against Norwich, that we had enough firepower in the squad already, and a week on, the players fitness and match sharpness would be better.
wasnt Kev assessed just before the season started anyway?
We've been slow starters over the past few seasons due to extended seasons, CL and tournaments, Grealish is quite capable of filling in for Kev if need be

If we have to sell to afford Kane then imo we can't afford Kane. If we have to sell Sterling, Mendy and/or Ake to get Kane then ok but no one else is surplus enough.

Imo a Laporte level player in defence is crucial to success. And Bernardo level player in midfield is crucial to success. So if either go we'd need to replace with similar. Not possible if we get Kane unless a kid comes in.

I'm glad we got Grealish before getting a striker. Our biggest problem imo for the past 2 seasons was either Mahrez or Sterling killing attacks. I wanted that addressed asap. And it was so great.

Getting a Kane is not just difficult from a financial perspective. It also is difficult imo to see how he improves us given the way we play. How many chances did Torres really have in the game yesterday. How is new player going to do any better unless the way we play changes a bit and then that brings its own risks.

Imo we have 2 first team strikers atm - Torres and Sterling (because out wide he does more harm than good). If we replaced Sterling with a decent affordable striker I'd be more than happy.
171 games 79 Goals : Raheem Sterling, quality player, quality signing and a major reason for our numerous titles over his stay with us.

Respect is earned by hard work and results, Mr Sterling has done both with little fuss.

Think there will come a time in the remaining 9 or so days where one of the sides with have to take action with this whether it's City paying more than what they want or Levy lowers his valuation. Just have to be patience and see what happens in this.

Think there will come a time in the remaining 9 or so days where one of the sides with have to take action with this whether it's City paying more than what they want or Levy lowers his valuation. Just have to be patience and see what happens in this.

Or we walk away and sign someone else.

I see it a little bit like this...in the early 70's when I spent my pocket money on a packet of football cards and a square piece of cardboard chewing gum I hoped that when I opened the packet I would get the football card I hoped for...more often than not I would get duplicates or utter random shite...one day I heard a boy in the playground had in his possession the very card I desired....he had arthur mann and I would of killed him with a sock laden with marbles for arthur man's card....I spoke with him about a potential swap deal offering him 10 cards for his 1 but he was playing hardball and told me he wasn't interested unless it was 20....what a greedy little boy BUT he had ARTHUR MANN.....after several attempts of negotiating a series of different outcomes I lulled him into thinking he was going to get his own way and he was going to fleece me for 20 cards...I asked to have a look at Arthur's card to be sure of authenticity and in a blink of a eye I ripped the card in half....I knew at that moment the transfer window had closed and I hadn't got my target ...greed is a terrible trait and envy was my equaliser
I'd forgotten that terrible chewing gum that came in these packets. My worst card was of a certain Falkirk player playing snooker. He didn't appear bacon faced as he was young then and the picture was in black and white. He was a twat then too, I believe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.