Harry Kane

What do you want to do then? Lose Aguero and replace him with Danny Ings because he only wants 50k a week, we win the netspend trophy but finish 2nd and the forum is filled with posts of "Kane would have scored that".

Market the player to do what? we don't need Kane to sell shirts, we need him to put 30 a season in and help win a quad.
I do not know the answer and clearly the media has Haaland and Kane as the front runners, but i would not be surprised if Pep did not buy a striker and ran with Jesus and Torres up front?

Oh i agree, i'm hoping he'll make it.

Spending huge money scares the shit out of me because all signings are a gamble, even if we think Kane might be the real deal. But if it doesn't come off then we'll be getting ridiculed from everyone.

we will be a very strong squad next season if we get 2 strikers and a left back. but delap must not be pushed into first team football like united have done with a couple of there younger players. city must get 2 strikers and world class ones and maybe sterling and jesus will move on ? sterling could be the key to kane signing and maybe a deal with a swap plus money or if arsenal pay about £70million then the money will be used

i love nothing more than a young youth player giving a chance and liam delap and cole palmer are the next 2 that stand out and will be added to the first team squad and city and pep do like to protect them

kane haaland KDB foden silva mahrez i would be happy with that forward line with our defence and midfield
boy we would be hard to beat and start the moaners off again over the road

If the owners who run the club (who've done alright bar the super league mess) think Kane is worth paying the money being quoted why should anybody question them?
It's not up to us.
I also believe this team has missed a big striker like Aguero (whilst still winning pots) and if we get Kane he'll get mad numbers with the way we play.
Just my know nowt opinion though.
Fair enough.
I’m not sure on the “mad numbers” though.
I personally don’t see that much difference between Sergio and Kane.
He’ll score plenty, just not sure he’ll get more than he already does.

I've gradually come to believe more and more that there was a fair bit behind this and it maybe Was more advanced behind the scenes.

Watching that interview in full, I'm back to thinking, there really isn't That much to it and we as a public are reading way more into it than is really there. Partly because of how and when snippets have been presented and in what context, by Sky.

It was a fairly generic interview, woth some things said that do resonate, but are also generic enough to track back on.

And that is really all that seems to be to it. For now.

Kane is better than Haarland. And at 28 he's still got a good 4 years at the top. By which time, either Delap has proven himself. Or we end up going for a prime Haarland who could also end his career at City. I get Kanes injury issues. But being at City will see him rested more.
Kane is at his peak right now, this season. That means there is only one direction he'd be travelling and that's down.

Haarland on the other hand is on a par with Kane and does have 7+ years to get even better.

If it's between the two, its a no-brainer... Haarland.

As soon as Kane signed that 6yr deal was the day when he shot himself in the foot, if he wanted to pimp himself out to a club with realistic chances of silverware at the top level it was then.

I dont think he's going anywhere...

Did you see the thread from the beginning of this season when some idiots from this very forum claimed that Dias wasn`t good enough for us and a fucking liability waiting to happen.
I wish the same people would now eat a fucking big piece of humble pie.
I understand that not everyone is going to rate every player that we sign, and I wouldn’t go back through threads and criticise anyone for expressing an opinion, I’m sure I’ve posted my fair share of bollocks over the years. I must admit though that I’m struggling to get my head around why the poll at the top of this thread isn’t well over 90%. We need a replacement for Sergio and Kane is as close to a sure fire signing you can possibly get.

I think Haaland and Kane are both incredible players who would rain goals in this Manchester City team, and I'm buzzing that we have the clout and financial power to be able to sign either of them. If we end up with either of the two, the world is gonna be borderline depressed at the prospect of having to play us. Don't argue over the details, just enjoy what times we're living in. Doesn't get much better than this.

Betting suspended on sky regarding Kane’s next club. Probably because of his comments regarding KDB

theyve clarified that, are not offering odds because the interview theybdid may be seen as pushing people to bet a certain way.

Fair enough.
I’m not sure on the “mad numbers” though.
I personally don’t see that much difference between Sergio and Kane.
He’ll score plenty, just not sure he’ll get more than he already does.
Have you seen how many chances we spunk up the wall?
I think he'd be getting 35/40 goals a season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.