Harry Kane

Kane will not score next game either imo and if its France or Portugal or Germany then chances are England will be out that game.

4 games and zero goals. Txiki can use that as lower price tag a good bit.

Thing is Kane looks way too tired. If we end up with him we need England out of Euros next game and have him 4-5 weeks of relaxing. He was carrying Spurs way too much. He also needs to do more than golfing with Neville and put in a transfer request as soon as Euros are over for him.
Otherwise he can get ready for Uefa Conference League.

What other options are there?
With all due respect— it’s maddening to read posts that treat Harry Kane as the only possible striker we could sign. We might as well close our club if we don’t get him! There are a few in the Premier League that would do the job just as well as Kane. We do not need to sign a striker to contend for top scorer in the league necessarily. Take Calvert-Lewin for instance — he would score enough goals and do the necessary tactical job for much less money. I’d argue that DCL would have a much easier job building an identity at City, someone we could come to cheer on personally.
And there are many others from other leagues. The problem is, if I name any player from, for instance, the Bundesliga, Serie A or La Liga, there will ascend from hell an army of posters ready to argue that any shit player can do well in those leagues. How can you debate that irrationality?

Bob Taylor looked fantastic at Gillingham and I really thought he'd be a massive success at City. You can never tell how well a player will do at a new club, I have a feeling Kane would do better than Haaland at this stage.

bob Taylor and Harry Kane in a sprint race would be a good watch.

people watching live would think it was a slow mo replay.

Checklist

does Kane score goals = Yes
does Kane assist goals = Yes
Is Kane the best striker in the league = Yes
Would Kane improve city = Yes
is Kane a finisher something we have lacked = Yes

Why would you not want him? because he’s not Haaland I said this weeks ago any striker that would come in who was not named Haaland would get the forum bickering and saying they don’t want him, he’s not good enough etc

Kanes the best striker in the league. He’s scoring goals for fun in a average Tottenham side with no creative midfielders. He walks straight into our starting eleven.

How do you think Spurs / Levy will approach this? He's contracted until 2024. His transfer value is not going to drop but £100m is a lot of money in this transfer market and I think most people will think that's a good offer for a player who will be 28 next season. I can't see Spurs wanting to go into next season with their captain wanting to leave and feeling betrayed by his club.

I think the issue is that he is worth more to Spurs/Levy than the £100m and I can’t see the deal getting done unless we pay way over that.

If he ends up staying and continues to do well next season he’ll still be worth £100m, it’s not like his value is going to fall of a cliff and Spurs can’t get big money for him further down the line.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.