Harry Kane

Should work if we get Haaland next summer.
Too much of a gamble with that. As much as I want us to sign Haaland there are no guarantees we can get him next summer, and I don't think he is going to leave Dortmund this time around either. Kane is the better proven, short to medium option

André Silva isn’t someone I know from Fifa. He scored 28 goals + 8 assists in 32 games in the Bundesliga for a team that finished fifth place. Kane scored 23 + 14 assists in 35 games for a team that finished 7th. Am I saying Silva would get here and score the same number of goals? No. But he would certainly score a fair amount, the amount we need, and do the tactical job well. For less than half Kane’s price, I would easily take him. Easily. I doubt he would do worse for us than Jota for Liverpool, for instance. And for that price, the worse he could do is replicate Kane’s tendency to go missing in big games
Bingo! Another made up saying that sounds good. You just missed greedy and injury prone off your post of lies. Missing in big games? Enlighten me. Feel free to check his record against the top 6 along with games against Madrid Barca Dortmund etc. Why do people let the truth get in the way of a myth?

André Silva isn’t someone I know from Fifa. He scored 28 goals + 8 assists in 32 games in the Bundesliga for a team that finished fifth place. Kane scored 23 + 14 assists in 35 games for a team that finished 7th. Am I saying Silva would get here and score the same number of goals? No. But he would certainly score a fair amount, the amount we need, and do the tactical job well. For less than half Kane’s price, I would easily take him. Easily. I doubt he would do worse for us than Jota for Liverpool, for instance. And for that price, the worse he could do is replicate Kane’s tendency to go missing in big games
I get what you are saying about Silva but the problem is we aren't in the market to a similar signing like Liverpool i.e Jota.

We are in the market to replace our best ever goalscorer in the league in Sergio.

To be fair - City as a club don’t usually go for the “easy” option, the finished article. We go for the ones with most potential & turn them into superstars. Doesn’t always work 100% but we’ve done ok over the last 10 years (understatement!!). That has attracted some criticism from fans in the past as they wanted the famous names. Now we might be buying the “finished article” (although Kane will definitely improve under Pep & our system) - fans are still complaining!!
Its in our DNA to complain

I’d challenge any player to play under Southgate and mostly shite behind him and perform.
Err Sterling?
Also, who was the manager at last World Cup when he scored five goals against the powerful teams of Tunisia and Panama and that pen vs. Colombia?

There’s a reason why throughout agueros injuries last year we played with zero striker whilst gabby was available.
Well he had 29 appearances in the league last season, don’t know what reason your talking about tbh. Pep rates Gabby because he’s a fighter, Kane has no pace that’s my only reservation about him.

I get what you are saying about Silva but the problem is we aren't in the market to a similar signing like Liverpool i.e Jota.

We are in the market to replace our best ever goalscorer in the league in Sergio.
But I believe both would deliver similar results for the team...

Err Sterling?
Also, who was the manager at last World Cup when he scored five goals against the powerful teams of Tunisia and Panama and that pen vs. Colombia?
Sterling, perform? So to flip it, had Kane scored two goals this tournament whilst playing poorly would you accept it? Clearly not. Complain about who Kane scored against whilst saying sterling is performing after scoring against two shite teams?

There’s the case in point for me, you as many others want to discredit Kane for how he’s playing for England. This may come as a shock to you but many of the footballing greats haven’t been amazing internationally. I want Kane for how he performs in the league we play in every week, I couldn’t give a shit what anybody does for their country. Absolutely irrelevant.

I'm not a needy fucker and in the past was hoping we signed Mido and even got excited about Steed Malbranque and both left me pissed off at not signing

Harry Kane would be a wonderful signing

As would Haaland or Mbappe

But fuck me we can't turn our noses up at the quality of player we are discussing here in Kane

Well he had 29 appearances in the league last season, don’t know what reason your talking about tbh. Pep rates Gabby because he’s a fighter, Kane has no pace that’s my only reservation about him.
Good job Pep decides over you then isn’t it. 29 appearances, counting sub appearances isnt great is it. We played without a striker many times when he (a striker) was on the bench. Isn’t rocket science. I like him and useful squad player but as last year shown he’ll never be relied upon as our main striker

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.