Harry Kane

Kane will likely be on around 250k per week, whereas Haaland will be in the region of 500k. Could be a factor in our thinking.

Kane will likely be on around 250k per week, whereas Haaland will be in the region of 500k. Could be a factor in our thinking.

Kane is reportedly on above 200k at Spurs.

If that's what a massive tight arse like Daniel Levy is paying him, then the negotiations for his wage here will only start at 300k per week. If KDB is on 350k, Kane will at least earn that.

Kane will want parity with our top earners. I think this is just a power play to get an improved contract at spurs ala Rooney 2010
He wants to be paid what he's worth, so he's testing the market to force Levy's hand
I think city should wait a season for Haaland (or go this season...)

Kane has supposidely waved good buy to spurs fan in his last game. He is determined to leave. I strongly believe he is city bound whether we like it or not.

Looks like this story is gathering momentum.
Not sure where all this talk of dominating the league for the next x amount of years is coming from though, like other teams may well as not bother turning up.
We dominate to an extent anyway, in titles but we don't really blow teams away re points the league is won by.
Our 5 premier league titles have been won by goal difference, 2 points, 19 points (wank team 2nd), 1 point and probably 12 points ( wank team 2nd again)
That's with Sergio, so dont see that improving that much even with Kane, if any improvement overall.
Currently he gets alot of goals for Spurs, playing week in week out, he's their main goal scorer, their main man.
We have many goal scorers.
Then who knows if he really fits in with the way we play, how he'll cope playing against parked buses every week, packed defences?
Will he settle moving from Spurs where he's been for years and moving north?
He certainly won't get the same treatment from referees if he joins City, the same protection, getting hacked down every week and not even getting a freekick, won't do his ankles much good either.
Those snide tackles he likes doing now that he gets away with will probably see him off.
Then he'll supposedly be rested much more, to protect him from more injuries.
So don't see him scoring loads more goals than he currently does.
He'll score plenty, just not sure he'll be as dominant as some are making out or change us that much from what we already are, this season excluded for obvious reasons.

I have been saying this for awhile. People are underestimating the possibilities of departures. But we will need to replace them. We can’t have, for instance, only three ready CBs.
Exactly. We tried playing with a false five recently and it ended badly.

Kane will want parity with our top earners. I think this is just a power play to get an improved contract at spurs ala Rooney 2010
He wants to be paid what he's worth, so he's testing the market to force Levy's hand
I think city should wait a season for Haaland (or go this season...)
I like your thinking, Kane would be an underwhelming addition to City imo, let's hope we are planning to get Haaland.
On the other hand, maybe if we get Kane then let Delap learn a few tricks from him, like someone else just mentioned in this thread... I am ok with whatever the guys upstairs decide tbh

I like your thinking, Kane would be an underwhelming addition to City imo, let's hope we are planning to get Haaland.
On the other hand, maybe if we get Kane then let Delap learn a few tricks from him, like someone else just mentioned in this thread... I am ok with whatever the guys upstairs decide tbh
Underwhelming!!! Kane would lead us to more titles and possibly CL success. Get him in now. And who knows, maybe Delap will turn out to be the real thing

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.