Harry Kane

I think the main issue that people have with Kane and the fee is that a) if Kane's ankles crumble (no genuine evidence of that happening), or he becomes the next Bony (chance of that being negligible), fans of other clubs will take the piss and rejoice, and b) if we do break the bank, both fans of other clubs and a plethora of journalists and media platforms will sneer and say nasty things about our fans, club a owner.

I honestly think it is the fear/shame (add a range of other negative emotions of your choice here) of what others will think if Kane, for whatever reason, flops. I also think a section of our fanbase care or fret more about the external prospective perception of our club than the joy and success a prospective top level player could bring us.

When did we become so thin skinned? In short, I'd rather be positive about the possibility of future success, rather than fearful of possible failure.

My two pennies. Spurs are resigned to him leaving and they want to get the most money they can. They leak the reports yesterday in the hope of pushing the price up. City are countering by saying we wouldn’t entertain such fees.

It seems like subtle negotiations between the two clubs via the press to me.

If we have any aspirations of taking that title back from that filth over in Merseyside then Harry Kane has to be the player we go all out for this transfer window.

It’s obvious Pep rates him very highly and is always complimentary about him. Yes Levy would be a nightmare to deal with but we have done business with him before so it’s not totally out the picture and with the stadium debt and covid crippling finances he may want to cash in on an asset while he’s got chance.

Aguero hasn’t long left and Jesus just simply isn’t good enough to play for us, we need a ruthless centre forward and Kane is exactly that. Can you imagine him being fed in the chances that we create?
Its a yes from me think he could get 4 or 5 in some games hes that good could easily smash 50 goals for us.

I think the main issue that people have with Kane and the fee is that a) if Kane's ankles crumble (no genuine evidence of that happening), or he becomes the next Bony (chance of that be negligible), fans of other clubs will take the piss and rejoice, and b) if we do break the bank, both fans of other clubs and a plethora of journalists and media platforms will sneer and say nasty things about our fans, club a owner.

I honestly think it is the fear/shame (add a range of other negative emotions of your choice here) of what others will think if Kane, for whatever reason, flops. I also think a section of our fanbase care or fret more about the external prospective perception of our club than the joy and success a prospective top level player could bring us.

When did we become so thin skinned?
I thought it was more along the lines of logic. £160m on a 28yr old is extreme. I am not saying I dont want him to come but it's clearly the poorer deal when compared with £160m for a 20yr old . But our club know what they're doing so I am fully behind it.

If its true (£160m/£500k pw)

Yes its a negotiation ploy by Spurs re the 160m price. that is not a made up amount, Sun were asked to put that amount into the article.

Spurs will hope we meet them close this amount.

One thing is clear, 100m will not be enough here from Txiki.

I thought it was more along the lines of logic. £160m on a 28yr old is extreme. I am not saying I dont want him to come but it's clearly the poorer deal when compared with £160m for a 20yr old . But our club know what they're doing so I am fully behind it.

If its true (£160m/£500k pw)
If we win the Premier League and Champions League next year with Kane bagging the winner in the final, will you still give a fuck about the fee?

My two pennies. Spurs are resigned to him leaving and they want to get the most money they can. They leak the reports yesterday in the hope of pushing the price up. City are countering by saying we wouldn’t entertain such fees.

It seems like subtle negotiations between the two clubs via the press to me.

Think you could be right. Not long ago they were leaking "the figure starts with a 2", now it's 160.

I think the main issue that people have with Kane and the fee is that a) if Kane's ankles crumble (no genuine evidence of that happening), or he becomes the next Bony (chance of that be negligible), fans of other clubs will take the piss and rejoice, and b) if we do break the bank, both fans of other clubs and a plethora of journalists and media platforms will sneer and say nasty things about our fans, club a owner.

When did we become so thin skinned?
You've absolutely hit the nail on the head and it's been like that for years. It's that inbuilt inferiority complex that a lot of City fans have.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.