Harry Kane

It's a complete legal minefield and would likely be tied up in the courts for years. While it's technically possible for players to buy out a contract, it's a practical impossibility
Ah, so the reason it’s never been invoked is because it would ruin their career ala Bosman?

Last edited:
Spurs fan here again

1) It looks less likely City will get Kane so why not go for an alternative , surely there are other good ST's out there which are much more attainable?

2) A lot of people at the end of last week were saying its done. Those people have shown to be liars. It is clearly not done and Spurs and City are still some distance with their valuations. The closer we get to the end of the window the more it looks like he won't go to City.

(All my opinion of course)

a player is valued by the mount of contract left ? kane could even buy himself out of spurs for about £50million
so that is the true value to the club. like i said you can not put a price on what he's done or goals he score and say your buying that as well. if that was the case clubs could put a money back guarantee clause if he did not score 40 goals a season

how bad does kane want the move ? would he go down the route of kicking off and buying out his contract ?
if kane wants the move that bad then sorry spurs have to sell and not hold him to ransom and make him stay
So Kane has £50 million (your figure, not mine) just lying in his bank account to be able to buy out his contract? Not sure about that. He might have £10 million but not £50 million. Or do you think he's expecting City to advance him this money ?

Ah, so the reason it’s never been invoked is because it would ruin their career ala Bosnian?
Kind of, yeah There are all sorts of hoops to jump through, it has to be 3 years after they sign or something, they have to pay the club compensation, there are restrictions following the contract termination, it has to be after the season finishes and all sorts of things that basically mean it's never going to be worth it

Spurs fan here again

1) It looks less likely City will get Kane so why not go for an alternative , surely there are other good ST's out there which are much more attainable?

2) A lot of people at the end of last week were saying its done. Those people have shown to be liars. It is clearly not done and Spurs and City are still some distance with their valuations. The closer we get to the end of the window the more it looks like he won't go to City.

(All my opinion of course)
Yeah thanks. We'll have Son off you, he needs medals and titles for his performances, he's wasting his best years being spursy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.