Harry Kane

Strange that some fans worship at the Church of Levy. They think he's a hard-nosed negotiator unmatched by anyone else. If a chairman has a player with three years remaining on his contract, he can pretty much name any price he wants. Anyone could do that. He did the same with Bale and Modric. I have no experience of being a football chairman but I know that is what should be done.

Maybe these Levy admirers should be asking why every high quality player they have had for around 15 years wants to leave before the end of their contract and most of them have tried to force through a move. Is that great chairmanship? Another issue rarely mentioned is the number of mistakes Spurs have made in the transfer market. Some Spurs fans will defend Levy stating that he is the Chairman and does not pick the players. That's convenient as Levy has been the de facto Director of Football at Spurs for several years. The poor signings are on him.

If the rumours of the strikers being linked to Spurs are true, then you have to think the Kane sale is on. Spurs simply do not have the finances to bring in strikers for £50m plus and retain Kane. I also don't think Levy would take the risk of spending that much on a striker and retaining Kane knowing that if they fail in a CL bid (likely), they are likely in deep shit.
The facts are spurs are trying to compete with clubs with an inferior budget. Ultimately these clubs will be able to spend more to bring in better players, these better players lead to better teams. Without the success it is harder to keep the top players.

Levy messed up in 2018 when we had the squad to compete and to kick on but made no signings. Running the club within its means plus the failure of any historic high value transfers Ndombele Lo Celso has seen spurs drop down a level.

I think any team in the world would struggle to keep Bale, Kane, Modric if not competing at the top end, all these players have been in the top few in their position at some point.

Wish people would stop going on about 'back up' options. We aren't a midtable side with a big pool of mediocre centre forward options that would be good enough to play in our side. We are the champions of the most competitive league in Europe and (current) 2nd best club side in Europe.

The higher the quality of us, the less good enough options there are out there.

Some of the names i've seen mentioned on here are pathetic.
Not fair on the players either to buy them for £30m, not get used by Pep because he is never going to lob a "target man", despite what some here think, and have their confidence destroyed before being let go for a free. We are way beyond that stage of dealings as a club.

Romano on twitter claiming our €150m bid is still on the table
Why is he talking in euros when the bid is between 2 English clubs dealing in sterling?

the man is a plonker he has no idea what’s going on. Listened to him the other day he repeated the same sentence 4 times just rearranged the words a bit

Wish people would stop going on about 'back up' options. We aren't a midtable side with a big pool of mediocre centre forward options that would be good enough to play in our side. We are the champions of the most competitive league in Europe and (current) 2nd best club side in Europe.

The higher the quality of us, the less good enough options there are out there.

Some of the names i've seen mentioned on here are pathetic.
Exactly. I mentioned this yesterday but Pep had Eto'o and Henry at Barca then replaced Eto'o with Ibrahimovic and then got David Villa in when that didn't work. He then had Muller and Mandzukic in his first year at Bayern before getting Lewandowski in and inherited Aguero at City.

There's a trend of ready made world class strikers there. Clearly there's no compromise for him in that category. We lost our only one so want to replace him with another one. Not yet another promising player like Vlahovic for example.

Can't believe we're haggling over such massive transfer fees for Kane when Ings, Andre Silva, Martinez, Calvert-Lewin and Bamford either are available, or were available, this summer for significantly cheaper. We need someone who can stand in the right place and slam the ball in the net when one of our trillion attacking midfielders puts it on a place for them. We don't need to spend £130m to rectify that issue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.