Harry Kane

It's been known that it's Kane or no-one else. So the third option would be walk away and get nobody sadly

He might well be the first choice but to suggest there is one choice or nothing is laughable. The club don't operate like that. If that was true, why would they let that be known? It would make their negotiating position extremely weak with Spurs.

Cards on the table, I don't want Kane and never have. Don't ask me why, I just don't like/rate him. Would he improve the team, I'd have to say yes. Would he score goals, course he would but who wouldn't! Do I think we'll sign him though? Not for £150 mill and nor should we. Depending on what you believe, we have a market value we attach to players and thats what we pay. We don't tend to negotiate from what I can tell. FFS Mahrez we made a fair offer and walked away when leicester got greedy and got him a year later. Slab head we made an offer based on market value and walked away when he was valued at more than what we considered him to be worth and allowed him to go to manure. Is kane worth £150 million? I don't believe so, no. Is he worth £100 mill with £20 mill add ons, over 5 years? Probably, certainly a more palatable figure but would Levy sell for this? Who knows but I believe its £100 mill plus add ons (£20 mill) or we walk away. I suspect we're happy with this and nothing is happening cause we don't have to do anything. The ball is in Levy's court now and we have to wait it out and hope he blinks first.

The truth is we won’t win the league without a decent striker as we are just not clinical enough. You can point to last season but that was a massive purple patch with things going very well.

In certain cases we seem to be really bad at planning and backing ourselves into a corner when it comes to bringing in certain players. We should of got a replacement for Aguero while he had a year left. If we can’t sign Kane now then we need a decent stop gap at least to have the option. Ings act would of been fine for this.

I also believe we won’t go back in for him if he doesn’t sign in this window. Another year older with a still ridiculous price tag makes no sense. I hope we go all out for Haaland next year, whatever it takes because he is a generational talent.

Hope we never get anyone from Tottenham again, not worth the hassle and high price tags. Should file away with Napoli.

The truth is we won’t win the league without a decent striker as we are just not clinical enough. You can point to last season but that was a massive purple patch with things going very well.

In certain cases we seem to be really bad at planning and backing ourselves into a corner when it comes to bringing in certain players. We should of got a replacement for Aguero while he had a year left. If we can’t sign Kane now then we need a decent stop gap at least to have the option. Ings act would of been fine for this.

I also believe we won’t go back in for him if he doesn’t sign in this window. Another year older with a still ridiculous price tag makes no sense. I hope we go all out for Haaland next year, whatever it takes because he is a generational talent.

Hope we never get anyone from Tottenham again, not worth the hassle and high price tags. Should file away with Napoli.
Kyle Walker approves of your last sentence!

He might well be the first choice but to suggest there is one choice or nothing is laughable. The club don't operate like that. If that was true, why would they let that be known? It would make their negotiating position extremely weak with Spurs.
That to me says we must be sure we can get this over the line to let it go to this point of the transfer window with no targets. But I don't know what's happening behind the scenes tbf I am basing this on the lack of reports on City going after other targets and focusing on Kane.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.