Harry Kane

Bit unnecessary, unless I was not clear and talking about this season.

Then I think on a City forum in the Harry Kane thread it is fairly reasonable to be talking about the prospects of signing him on a free next season.

As with all transfers there are lots of variables etc.

My view is he does not fit our profile and we will not be the biggest payers in town, but Pep really likes him.

Picture this we win the league, making it 6 out of 7, could happen and Kane stays and has another season at Spurs winning nothing and not breaking the PL record again could well happen.9

He’s free and desperate for trophies, it is not unreasonable to think he would want to join us as he’s best chance of winning trophies and that we would be interested.

From there it is what is important to him and to us, which is probably win/ win until it boils down to the latter years in the contract.

We won’t want big wages for someone of that age etc.

Now please don’t take out of context as I am not comparing Kane to any of these, however I am saying City make exceptions with Messi, KDB etc. Kane is not of those levels but he is free, Englands record goal scorer and potentially PL (so he is unique to most other transfers)

There is also potential reasons why a 3 year deal with us, plus 2 in Saudi or New York would be better than 5 at United/ Chelsea/ Liverpool etc.

Finally and I am sure we are too professional for this but there would be certain people at City who would really enjoy taking Kane off Levy and him not getting a penny.

It could well not happen but I think they are points worthy of discussion on a forum designed for discussing this kind of thing.

Plus I am sure if the window closes and he is still at Spurs no new contract. The club will certainly be discussing the pros and cons of it.

I’ll go bed now :-)
Thought you were talking about this summer tbh, so apologies if I misread
Don’t think we’d have him next summer either though, he’d be on a free so huge wages. And still would only be a back up…

If we could sign anyone between now and the transfer deadline he would be the one. But yes I know it wont happen.

Strange one by Levy, surely you want to get some money for Kane now or face the scenario in 12 months time he leaves on a free. Even if Kane stays this season, I still think they won't get top 4.

How many times does he have to try and leave before their fans stop worshiping him?

Twice in the last three Summers he’s agitated for a move - and that’s all we know about.

Strange one by Levy, surely you want to get some money for Kane now or face the scenario in 12 months time he leaves on a free. Even if Kane stays this season, I still think they won't get top 4.

Wasnt Levy told to get Kane sold if he wouldnt sign a new deal?

Forgetting about Arsenal being a title rival.....

I think it would be hilarious if Kane left on a free to join them. Sol Campbell MkII. There would be riots in Essex and Hertfordshire.

He’s free and desperate for trophies,
I think he realises that the Spurs side won't be winning trophies (Plural). What I think he would desperately want to do is finish his days overhauling the goal scoring record, and with the creativity we have I feel he would have thought his chances would have been sky high, but would he have scored more than Haaland last season had Cheeky B managed to persuade Levy to let go?

Never understand why Kane gets any sympathy for this situation he's found himself in. If he wanted to leave then he shouldn't have kept signing new contracts. He's accepted the pay rises but still hoped he could leverage a move away whe he wanted (despite the fact he knows his chairman is notorious for being difficult to deal with).

Declan Rice turned down a huge pay rise to extend at West Ham, which cost him a lot of money in the short term but also paved the way for him to leave for bigger things when he was ready. Kane could have done the same but he chose short term financial gain.

It makes absolutely no financial sense for Spurs to keep him for his final year. It will basically cost them his current fee plus wages so based on Munichs offer, approx. £100m for one years services, which is absolutely nuts. Either Levy is playing poker and hoping Munich will up their offer or that Kane will sign a new contract. I suspect neither will happen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.