Harry Maguire found guilty in Greece

Sister drugged
City fans singing M***** songs
Albanian gang
Kidnapped and kneecapped by the police
the lies grow by the day
It feels absurd but do you really wish for a young man to have his dreams extinguished for a night of madness even if he was completely at fault? We have standards don't we even if he plays for the other side.

The problem in this is not what a player does on a drunken night out but the way the two clubs are portrayed in the media. One is revered as a God, the other is a Demon. Maguire himself should just be allowed to get on and play football, and we'll beat his lot on the pitch. That is how it should be.

Enough damage has been done?

He fucked off home and started posting Instagram stories, he’s had it ridiculously easy considering what he’s been charged and convicted of.
Maybe but I think he's panicking. I know other people get crucified for stuff like this but some people seem to enjoy a life getting damaged but I don't. It does not matter who it is.

It feels absurd but do you really wish for a young man to have his dreams extinguished for a night of madness even if he was completely at fault? We have standards don't we even if he plays for the other side.

The problem in this is not what a player does on a drunken night out but the way the two clubs are portrayed in the media. One is revered as a God, the other is a Demon. Maguire himself should just be allowed to get on and play football, and we'll beat his lot on the pitch. That is how it should be.
Unsurprisingly you’ve got the wrong take, he’s been convicted of assaulting and trying to bribe police officers, but we should just let him get on with it without any worry?

A bit like Cummings’ statement after the Barnard Castle eye test, you really do wonder how that can be the best story they could come up with after a week of highly paid PR ‘experts’ throwing bullshit around the room

That was pretty much my thought. I think there may be some truth in there, but the delivery style was very weird, very "poor me" and no real upbeat defence. He seemed constrained to only answer the questions.

{EDIT} Thinking about it, the thing that I didn't hear was "in hindsight, I'm sorry if my actions escalated things". Instead it seemed to be entirely "none of it happened".

Last edited:

Yes when he says he was wrong and made up stories to cover his arse, until than he is a drunken lying English man who when drunk thinks he can take on the world. He is the one who can put it to bed by admitting what he did but his club wont let him abit like the Ferdinand quick jump over the wall and turn your phone off. Utd have history of making up stories to cover their players.
I dont follow England but should a player found guilty of attacking the police and attempted bribery EVERY be allowed to play for his country again ?

I agree completely about the fawning attitude of nd andthe media and the complete contrasts in their standards of behaviour however there is a human being(s) underneath this and enough damage has been done. Let him get on and play football.
We beat their side on the pitch. We do not revel in aothers personal misfortune.
What about the Greek human cops who were just doing their job and find their honesty is being questioned by a drunken visitor to their country and his party on.

Their control and manipulation of our national media is something to behold.

Breathtaking isn’t it, it was nearly as car crash as when Prince Andrew decided to do an interview for news night. ‘There was people and there was shouting’ is Maguire’s account of it. I’d get a better story than that if you are going back for a retrial?

If his sister was drugged would there not be some type of toxicology report into that happening or was she not admitted to a hospital? There was no report of it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.