Harry Maguire found guilty in Greece

It feels absurd but do you really wish for a young man to have his dreams extinguished for a night of madness even if he was completely at fault? We have standards don't we even if he plays for the other side.

The problem in this is not what a player does on a drunken night out but the way the two clubs are portrayed in the media. One is revered as a God, the other is a Demon. Maguire himself should just be allowed to get on and play football, and we'll beat his lot on the pitch. That is how it should be.
I’m not sure anyone does. The issue, as you say, is how he and, say, Sterling are portrayed and how Bernardo was crucified by Sky, BBC et al for an ill advised joke with his mate.

Sterling got more shit for buying his mum a house than Maguire has had. I don’t recall BBC giving him the right to reply.

The Greek legal system dates back to 1000 BC, yet the good old Beeb are trying to portray it as some kind of kangaroo court in a banana republic

Breathtaking isn’t it, it was nearly as car crash as when Prince Andrew decided to do an interview for news night. ‘There was people and there was shouting’ is Maguire’s account of it. I’d get a better story than that if you are going back for a retrial?

If his sister was drugged would there not be some type of toxicology report into that happening or was she not admitted to a hospital? There was no report of it?
Despite what they consumed in 70K euros worth of beer whiskey and champagne plus other liquids and whatever they all seem to have excellent powers of recall. I cant remember bugger all on the morning after just a few pints of either Holts or Mythos.
From my slight knowledge of the Greek police they would have taken a great deal of interest in allegations about Albanians especially if drugs or stabbing were mentioned. Did the gang disappear off the face of the earth?
Talking of disappearing the way Daisy and other sundry members of the party, potential witnesses, scuttled home from a holiday already paid for leaving others still in nick is rather strange.

Speaks volumes that maguire and united have gone to the BBC to release this interview. Not MUTV, not the official website, but our British Broadcasting Cooperation that we the public have to pay for regardless of whether we like it or not if we want to watch live telly, catch up telly etc.

I imagine Dan Roan is frantically changing his past diary appointments to help provide an alibi also.

He may be telling the truth, it seems doubtful but he may have a nearly unbelievable story to tell. But he's also now backed himself into a corner against the greek police and now judicial system by basically accusing them of not following protocol, being heavy handed, possibly even corrupt.

That interview was cringeworthy. If he is telling the truth, then it’s quite unbelievable due to the numerous changes in story and details.

Speaks volumes that maguire and united have gone to the BBC to release this interview. Not MUTV, not the official website, but our British Broadcasting Cooperation that we the public have to pay for regardless of whether we like it or not if we want to watch live telly, catch up telly etc.

I imagine Dan Roan is frantically changing his past diary appointments to help provide an alibi also.

He may be telling the truth, it seems doubtful but he may have a nearly unbelievable story to tell. But he's also now backed himself into a corner against the greek police and now judicial system by basically accusing them of not following protocol, being heavy handed, possibly even corrupt.
He will be selling the rights to a Netflix 6 part series covering the holiday

Despite what they consumed in 70K euros worth of beer whiskey and champagne plus other liquids and whatever they all seem to have excellent powers of recall. I cant remember bugger all on the morning after just a few pints of either Holts or Mythos.
From my slight knowledge of the Greek police they would have taken a great deal of interest in allegations about Albanians especially if drugs or stabbing were mentioned. Did the gang disappear off the face of the earth?
Talking of disappearing the way Daisy and other sundry members of the party, potential witnesses, scuttled home from a holiday already paid for leaving others still in nick is rather strange.

It shows their contempt for the Greek justice system that they can keep repeating the same story and also offering Police officials who they had assaulted money as a bribe to look the other way.

It shows their contempt for the Greek justice system that they can keep repeating the same story and also offering Police officials who they had assaulted money as a bribe to look the other way.
The same old story?? It changes every time it is reported, it is like Coronation Street complete with the bad acting!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.