Harry Maguire found guilty in Greece

Not how it works over there. His conviction has been quashed pending the new trial. As things stand, he's an innocent man.
So the prosecutor and a Greek journalist who was interviewed by the BBC specifically to clarify the matter both got it wrong and United's statement is the definitive legal opinion on this point??

United's PR team and their pet journo's are vigorously writing that his conviction has been quashed (I've seen it all over the news) but the Greek prosecution lawyer (Ioannis Paradissis; representing the Greek Court) has stated for the record that Liar Maguire's convictions are not quashed. His sentence is suspended awaiting the appeal trial but he remains guilty.

Paradissis stated that “He [Liar Maguire] remains a convicted person under Greek law [but] the consequences of his conviction have been stayed until the appeal.”

Thus, in the opinion of the Greek Courts, he's been found guilty and remains guilty but his sentence has been suspended in the interim pending appeal.

I lean towards trusting the Greek Courts to know how the Greek Justice System works better than United's propaganda team who have a vested interest in obfuscating the facts around the guilty verdict found against their prized asset, the most expensive defender on the planet.

I should have read further down and saved myself answering the same point albeit in less detail than yours.
The United statement and the motive behind it shows the strength of fake news. The Gusrdisn and the Sun both sneakily slipped in the correct position in corners if their websites. The rest did have the decency to do that small thing
'What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive'

United's PR team and their pet journo's are vigorously writing that his conviction has been quashed (I've seen it all over the news) but the Greek prosecution lawyer (Ioannis Paradissis; representing the Greek Court) has stated for the record that Liar Maguire's convictions are not quashed. His sentence is suspended awaiting the appeal trial but he remains guilty.

Paradissis stated that “He [Liar Maguire] remains a convicted person under Greek law [but] the consequences of his conviction have been stayed until the appeal.”

Thus, in the opinion of the Greek Courts, he's been found guilty and remains guilty but his sentence has been suspended in the interim pending appeal.

I lean towards trusting the Greek Courts to know how the Greek Justice System works better than United's propaganda team who have a vested interest in obfuscating the facts around the guilty verdict found against their prized asset, the most expensive defender on the planet.

If the convictions were quashed there would be nothing for Maguire to appeal against. Stupid cunts haven’t thought this through.

It’s very comforting to know that the fans of another club, and the sports media in this great nation, are jumping to the defence of a persons right to be considered innocent until proven guilty in the face of accusations which have yet to be fully appealed in a proper legal process.
I wonder if anyone can think of any recent cases where an opposite view was taken by these same fans and journalists, where they demanded the punishment of .... let’s say.... another football club from the same general geographical area, without that club’s evidence of financial compliance having been heard by the responsible bodies and tested in a court of arbitration.
Surely that would be an act of astounding hypocrisy and could never happen!

It’s very comforting to know that the fans of another club, and the sports media in this great nation, are jumping to the defence of a persons right to be considered innocent until proven guilty in the face of accusations which have yet to be fully appealed in a proper legal process.
I wonder if anyone can think of any recent cases where an opposite view was taken by these same fans and journalists, where they demanded the punishment of .... let’s say.... another football club from the same general geographical area, without that club’s evidence of financial compliance having been heard by the responsible bodies and tested in a court of arbitration.
Surely that would be an act of astounding hypocrisy and could never happen!

If there's any indication of the trial being delayed because of the pandemic - I think City should write to the court demanding Maguire be punished in the interim ! That seems to be the Rags interpretation of justice so lets feed them some.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.