Harry Maguire

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by Super Joey Hart, 21 May 2019.

1. Cobwebcat

Cobwebcat

I’m on the fence with Maguire. I think he might be a good fit with time and training and he is home grown, but he is massively overpriced. Before anyone says it isn’t my money well it means we can use that money elsewhere as we have a budget too.

When Van Dyke was at Celtic to me he was an obvious fit for peanuts but we passed. One of very few mistakes from the new regime. I think we might have signed Mangala instead unless I have my timelines mixed up.

2. Topbins

Topbins

Team supported:
    CITY
    I might be older than you, so apologies in advance as I don't know what you mean.

3. DorisBlue

DorisBlue

The england holland game seems to have completely warped peoples opinions of stones. He is better than maguire and has been for the last couple of years. He has problems to iron out, but his peak is higher than maguire.
    Train stones, improve him.
    Don’t buy a lower quality replacement just because england fans love singing his name and calling him slabhead

wagonman likes this.
  4. Fordyboy46

Fordyboy46

I'd like to think we've scouted someone better than Maguire and Ake for half their values. No chance we'll go for Maguire now, but I wouldn't rule Ake out at all, even though I'm not entirely convinced .

5. cleavers

cleavers

What evidence do you have that we "brief the press", theres a whole lot more that suggests we give them absolutely nothing until the deal is done.

The only reason they say we were in for Maguire is because Pep once said something nice about him.

In any case, we were never going near the price that Leicester are trying to extort from someone.

6. Chevelle

Chevelle

New Zealand, now Sunshine Coast, Australia!
    I just think we don't want people who are hugely overpriced. He is too expensive for his talent level.

7. Topbins

Topbins

Team supported:
    CITY
    Don't be so naive.

For instance 24 to 48 hours before it broke in wider media circles, it was common knowledge all over social media when rodri would be signing despite some journos thinking it would be another few weeks.

His signing gets leaked just in time so all that those dads, mum's and kids can get down to the store to pay for all those new tops with rodri signing them. Do me a favour please.
    If you were still biting your nails until you saw rodri in a city shirt, I suggest you follow Sam lees or 93.20 boys or just get on twitter despite its issues.

As for Maguire although I would like him, much like rodri when that was dragging on, I'm not sure I'm that asked.
    We need a commanding cb in his type.
    However, i'm forming the view that Cancelo is the more important signing of the two.

8. jayfx

jayfx

Fair enough. So with reports suggesting that City aren't willing to pay over 70m for Maguire, if united do go on to spunk 90m for him in another desperate deal, will he have also rejected City?

9. David 'El Mago' Silva

David 'El Mago' Silva

Fair point, dissapointed we missed out on him. He's been a great signing for you lot though.

Topbins and Franknorgrovesnephew like this.
  10. Topbins

Topbins

Team supported:
    CITY
    I'm addition if City aren't in for someone they are clear and brief the press.

I'm pretty sure they've done that on two or three occasions this summer However they have not rejected or briefed once that the Maguire story is rubbish and their not in for him, that silence speaks volumes.
    If you tell me City weren't in for Felix as there was no confirmation and we were just drumming up the fees fot Atletico I'm off to the MRI.