Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are so fixated on height when it comes to CBs. Put Fernandinho up against Stones in an aerial duel and I'm backing the former, despite being significantly shorter.

Late on this, and whilst a valid point, particularly regarding strength and use of it, there is the aspect of timing and jumping reach which is tied to athletic ability.

That later aspect is tied to age, and while I believe Dinho can be useful as a centre half, his decline in athleticism could be quite sharp at any given moment due to his age. I believe the same concerns are there about Nico, who is also not the tallest CB.

A larger player can be less perfect with their timing and get away with it, I suspect, because they are so large.

Rodri does help as well, but we needed someone like him already with the CBs we had. Now we are a bit thin there, and with Nico seemingly wanting out one other large/strong CB would be helpful in the "second ball" battle and particularly set pieces.

Maguire would obviously want to play for a great football team like City. But we are not gonna pay 80 million quite rightly. United are desperate and will pay ridiculous money...look at Sanchez and Fred. Leicester are actually a far better footballing team than United but if that's his only option he will most probably take the big payday.

Medical at United in the next 48 hours according to Castles.

Lol sorry but that got a snort out of me; the Italian press has been going on with "in the next 48 hours" all through this transfer window, until all the 48 hours summed up turned into 2-3 weeks waiting for our new coach. The same has happened (though with less "48h" mentions) for de Ligt.
At this point I consider "in the next 48 hours" a synonym of "from here to eternity".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.