Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love it how people talk about 65-70-80m we shouldn't pay it hahaha

Its not yours or mine so get a grip...

If Tixi has to pay the going rate + add ons then deal with it.

65m deal & if City end up paying 70m then we have won more trophys so Craic on people..

Love it how people talk about 65-70-80m we shouldn't pay it hahaha

Its not yours or mine so get a grip...

If Tixi has to pay the going rate + add ons then deal with it.

65m deal & if City end up paying 70m then we have won more trophys so Craic on people..
I don't think that's why people complain about certain prices.

I think that its about we have X amount of dollars to spend (we do have a budget, contrary to people who think we have unlimited to spend). Let's say we have 150 million to spend in this window. Then its all about maximizing that amount and getting the best bang for your buck.

So if City do spend 90m on Maguire then I'm thinking personally "Well what a waste, could have got Nico Elvedi for less than half and use the remaining to buy in another position".

We already have Rodri for 65, sounds like Cancelo for 45, 5 for Angelino for a total of 115m.

I don't see us getting Maguire with what I think we have left, I would be perfectly happy with Nico Elvedi.

Not wanting to pay 75m for van dijk will look really bad if we end up paying it for maguire.

Can we really compare the two in this regard?

Maguire's fee is very much due to his being a HG player who can get games for a side that demands a particular skill set in his position, and we will need a HG player assuming Pep is done with Delph,

I don't love the fee either for what you are actually getting in terms of quality, but he's a squad player for us who can challenge Stones for games, and offers a lot in the air, which we will miss with no Vinny, whilst Nico's smaller size (if he were to stay) means he has to time his headers better, and is surely on the downside of his athletic ability, which he relies upon to get up.

Harry fills a need even if he isn't an improvement. The market for HG centre halves that can play under Pep is not exactly brimming. Remember we almost signed JFE before West Brom wanted too much.

De Ligt wants massive wages, which we won't do, and we still need a HG player somewhere. Koulibaly is going to cost a huge fee, also not as young as Maguire, less proven in the PL, and again, isn't HG. Where then now will we find one to replace Delph now that we re-signed ZInch, after we were looking at Chilwell? Oh, and we were ready to overpay for Chilwell too I suspect.

This being said, 2 seasons ago I wrote on another City forum we would be interested in Maguire due to his skill set and Pep's style of play. He is a fit, even if he has his flaws.

Last edited:
We can’t know that. He’s 2 years younger, a bit taller, English, and Pep wants him.
He could easily surpass van dijk, we just don’t know yet.
Pep hasnt said he wants him, its the press making up things as they go along. and i dont know why some blues have to get van dyke involved, you do know the dippers play with 2 or 3 defensive midfielders to make vvd look good.

Not wanting to pay 75m for van dijk will look really bad if we end up paying it for maguire.
Look bad to who exactly? dick hasn't won the league and i doubt we are losing sleep over not shelling out 75m on him,i keep saying he is protected by 2/3 defensive mids and they play a more defence game than the used to,he wouldn't suit what we need,people need to get over it

Pep hasnt said he wants him, its the press making up things as they go along. and i dont know why some blues have to get van dyke involved, you do know the dippers play with 2 or 3 defensive midfielders to make vvd look good.

Well the club won’t be telling pep he’s getting him if he doesn’t want him!? Pep obviously wants maguire and the club are trying their best to get him within the price we deem suitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.