Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dax777

No one new how really good vvd would be and why we balked at the 75m fee
I think lots of people knew how good VVD would be.

And I don't think we balked. He was just set on going to Pool. And that's fine

waspish

I think lots of people knew how good VVD would be.

And I don't think we balked. He was just set on going to Pool. And that's fine
Thinkbwe did balk at the fee but yep he was tapped up had a chat with klopp so his heart was set on Liverpool. Think we thought he was good player but not as good as we thought he was going to be last season where he was world class.

Dax777

We wont buy cheap because a player is cheap

If any player is the right player for us, his cost is immaterial and, if we deem £90m for Maguire is acceptable, then we obviously think he is irrespective of the price tag of others.
Wrong. Price point and fit are both considerations. If the club thinks Maguire is worth 90 million that's there evaluation. But I'm explaining the reasoning behind a fan saying I like player A at price X but not price Y.

Even our front office does the same thing. We wanted Sanchez , but at a specific price. He became more expensive and we passed. I.e.they liked him at price X but not Y.

Dax777

Thinkbwe did balk at the fee but yep he was tapped up had a chat with klopp so his heart was set on Liverpool. Think we thought he was good player but not as good as we thought he was going to be last season where he was world class.
I know people hate statistics here, but he had Been a top 5 defender statistically in Europe's top 5 league for 2 years prior to and the season he moved and the #1 defender his last year at Southampton. He was already World Class at Southampton... Just needed a big club move.

jared

Yep I remember kaldoon saying 75m in amazement in that inside city video.

waspish

I know people hate statistics here, but he had Been a top 5 defender statistically in Europe's top 5 league for 2 years prior to and the season he moved and the #1 defender his last year at Southampton. He was already World Class at Southampton... Just needed a big club move.
Fair enough personally rather really judge a player at a top team when the pressure is on and you have to win games.

mosssideblue

Wrong. Price point and fit are both considerations. If the club thinks Maguire is worth 90 million that's there evaluation. But I'm explaining the reasoning behind a fan saying I like player A at price X but not price Y.

Even our front office does the same thing. We wanted Sanchez , but at a specific price. He became more expensive and we passed. I.e.they liked him at price X but not Y.
we will leave it there as we obviously see things differently

Dax777

Fair enough personally rather really judge a player at a top team when the pressure is on and you have to win games.
Agreed. He showed similar capacity at Southampton, but the Balon dor considerations only come when you do it on the big stage.

sir baconface

I think you totally misunderstood.

Some are saying they would be happy with Maguire for £x but not happy with him for £y. Whether he cost £x or £y, you are still getting the same player i.e. his contribution is no better or worse because of what he cost
May I interest you in my secondhand car? Suits your needs perfectly. The ticket price is £10k but you can have it for twelve grand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account?

Register now!