Harry Maguire

Discussion in 'Transfer forum' started by Super Joey Hart, 21 May 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dax777

Dax777

I think lots of people knew how good VVD would be.

And I don't think we balked. He was just set on going to Pool. And that's fine

2. waspish

waspish

Thinkbwe did balk at the fee but yep he was tapped up had a chat with klopp so his heart was set on Liverpool. Think we thought he was good player but not as good as we thought he was going to be last season where he was world class.

3. Dax777

Dax777

Wrong. Price point and fit are both considerations. If the club thinks Maguire is worth 90 million that's there evaluation. But I'm explaining the reasoning behind a fan saying I like player A at price X but not price Y.

Even our front office does the same thing. We wanted Sanchez , but at a specific price. He became more expensive and we passed. I.e.they liked him at price X but not Y.

4. Dax777

Dax777

I know people hate statistics here, but he had Been a top 5 defender statistically in Europe's top 5 league for 2 years prior to and the season he moved and the #1 defender his last year at Southampton. He was already World Class at Southampton... Just needed a big club move.

5. It appears we don't.

6. jared

jared

Yep I remember kaldoon saying 75m in amazement in that inside city video.

7. waspish

waspish

Fair enough personally rather really judge a player at a top team when the pressure is on and you have to win games.

8. mosssideblue

mosssideblue

we will leave it there as we obviously see things differently

9. Dax777

Dax777

Agreed. He showed similar capacity at Southampton, but the Balon dor considerations only come when you do it on the big stage.

10. sir baconface

sir baconface

May I interest you in my secondhand car? Suits your needs perfectly. The ticket price is £10k but you can have it for twelve grand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.