Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it's extreem
Daft comment.

There’s a huge difference between 65-80m and 3-300m.
Well, yeah, obviously. It's extreme but I blatantly made it extreme in order to make my point. But the fact remains that it's not our personal money either way, does it not? So go on then Stoned Rose, where do you draw the line???

He suits them,they do shield him a lot like it or not,he would be exposed in our side and a fit vinny still shits on him

I've watched the leicester game back as i can't sleep in this heat and Harry is solid enough and does play offside trap well,however this carrying the ball out from the back appears to be based on going past a complete non tackle by gundy,i could have taken the ball that far i reckon,not sure i've seen him do it other than that time
not sure I could of run that far even without the ball , maybe if I stopped half way to have a fag :)

He suits them,they do shield him a lot like it or not,he would be exposed in our side and a fit vinny still shits on him

I've watched the leicester game back as i can't sleep in this heat and Harry is solid enough and does play offside trap well,however this carrying the ball out from the back appears to be based on going past a complete non tackle by gundy,i could have taken the ball that far i reckon,not sure i've seen him do it other than that time
Maguire played well at the Etihad and will be an asset to our squad if he comes imo. Seen plenty of Leicester and England games and he is good at bringing the ball out of defence, but outpacing Gundo is nothing to shout about.

Can we really compare the two in this regard?

Maguire's fee is very much due to his being a HG player who can get games for a side that demands a particular skill set in his position, and we will need a HG player assuming Pep is done with Delph,

I don't love the fee either for what you are actually getting in terms of quality, but he's a squad player for us who can challenge Stones for games, and offers a lot in the air, which we will miss with no Vinny, whilst Nico's smaller size (if he were to stay) means he has to time his headers better, and is surely on the downside of his athletic ability, which he relies upon to get up.

Harry fills a need even if he isn't an improvement. The market for HG centre halves that can play under Pep is not exactly brimming. Remember we almost signed JFE before West Brom wanted too much.

De Ligt wants massive wages, which we won't do, and we still need a HG player somewhere. Koulibaly is going to cost a huge fee, also not as young as Maguire, less proven in the PL, and again, isn't HG. Where then now will we find one to replace Delph now that we re-signed ZInch, after we were looking at Chilwell? Oh, and we were ready to overpay for Chilwell too I suspect.

This being said, 2 seasons ago I wrote on another City forum we would be interested in Maguire due to his skill set and Pep's style of play. He is a fit, even if he has his flaws.
We don't need HG player. Angelino replaces Delph. In this case we have 22 players which is more than enough.

By far the better option is to replace Otamendi with young foreign CB. Ota is 31, needs replacing in couple of years anyway. Much cheaper as well

We don't need HG player. Angelino replaces Delph. In this case we have 22 players which is more than enough.

By far the better option is to replace Otamendi with young foreign CB. Ota is 31, needs replacing in couple of years anyway. Much cheaper as well

I realised this right after I posted and wrote this in the Angelino thread:

So, I almost forgot about him arriving whilst referring to the need to sign Maguire as a HG player.
Technically, he will qualify as HG registered for both the PL and arguably even better, for CL as a club HG player, and he's actually over 21.
I suspect we still are looking at Maguire because the options are still thin for CB, and will we keep him around or look to sell right away?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.