Hart Hysteria

MCFCTrick

Team supported
Citeh
My God, the article is OTT in itself....you would think it had cost us the game. But the comments on Hart in general are feckin' ridiculous...

<a class="postlink" href="http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/premier-league-match-facts-manchester-city-v-west-015737936.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/prem ... 37936.html</a>

Jos Hart , and his defence , have only conceded 31 goals this season .... even United have conceded more

in fact if the City strikers had of got the arses in gear , we'd probably have been about to celebrate successive title wins!

City have only lost 10 of the last 72 league fixtures , and Hart's played a big part in that.

He injured himself saving the header with 5 mins to go, then made 2 mistakes, but if we had any subs left he would probably have gone off.

I will put my tin hat on and say I don't think the 'injury' had anything to do with that mistake. In the first half he let one bounce away from him instead of catching it and he did it later in the game as well. Let's face it, if he had his legs togther, back injury or not he wouldn't have conceeded it. He has made quite a few errors this season and yesterday was a repaet of Southampton and he wasn't injured that day.

Blue Mist said:
I will put my tin hat on and say I don't think the 'injury' had anything to do with that mistake. In the first half he let one bounce away from him instead of catching it and he did it later in the game as well. Let's face it, if he had his legs togther, back injury or not he wouldn't have conceeded it. He has made quite a few errors this season and yesterday was a repaet of Southampton and he wasn't injured that day.

I agree he wasn't convincing yesterday , even before his injury .... but he's only 'shipped' 60 league goals in two seasons , and that's pretty good going .... it's better than ANY other Premiership keeper has managed to do during that period of time , including Uniteds , who's conceded 69!

black mamba said:
Blue Mist said:
I will put my tin hat on and say I don't think the 'injury' had anything to do with that mistake. In the first half he let one bounce away from him instead of catching it and he did it later in the game as well. Let's face it, if he had his legs togther, back injury or not he wouldn't have conceeded it. He has made quite a few errors this season and yesterday was a repeat of Southampton and he wasn't injured that day.

I agree he wasn't convincing yesterday , even before his injury .... but he's only 'shipped' 60 league goals in two seasons , and that's pretty good going .... it's better than any other Premiership keeper has managed to do during that time.

The defence plays a big part in the number of goals we ship and I wonder if he loses concentration because he has long spells where he does rock all. I can't remember West Hams stats but they didn't have many chances and it must be hard if you are not involved all the time. (but they are still mistakes !!)

Corky said:
He injured himself saving the header with 5 mins to go, then made 2 mistakes, but if we had any subs left he would probably have gone off.

To be fair everything young Joe touched yesterday he fumbled and needed two bites of the cherry to get the ball under control.

However he is a fantastic keeper, a young pro who won't mature as a goalkeeper until he's 29 or 30 years of age.

He did injure himself and his mistakes did not cost us the game. I'm glad he's our keeper but I wish he'd stop or certainly cut back with his off the field work and concentrate on becoming the best keeper he can physically become.

One thing I will have a pop at him for is his distribution it is truly woeful, and that aspect of his game needs a lot of work!!

He was brilliant last 2 seasons but was poor by his own standards throughout the euros and all of this season bar the Dortmund game. However, you could say the same about Yaya, Vinnie and Sergio. Hart will come good again next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.