Hart must play in the final

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your tolerance, acceptance and adherence to your view is admirable Rolee; but when I take my not inexpensive seat at Wembley, after the logistics and expense of the round trip, and that comic tumbler is announced in goal, mine and a lot of other hearts will sink.

I think it's a harder pill to swallow if you've paid a lot of money to travel down there. Getting on a coach at 9:30am and maybe not getting home again till after midnight, as was the case at the Wigan final. If he's going to put him in goal after his performance yesterday then it's going to be very disappointing

Caballero seems totally incapable of altering his momentum. whichever way his body weight is going is the way he dives regardless of where the ball is heading.
He seems to just commit himself and dive away from the ball sometimes. Any saves he does make are just down to luck/law of averages that sometimes the ball will hit him....which is not ideal for a premier League goalkeeper....

Last edited:
It's not purely on that basis though is it? It's the manager's policy based on what he feels is best practice.

Let me ask this, the likelihood is Caballero is gone this summer, how do we attract another keeper to the club if he's not at least guaranteed cup games to try to impress?

Caballero HAS been guaranteed cup games to try and impress. It's up to him to impress from thereon in and he hasn't. He's making too many mistakes and form has to count for something in the end. I agree it's difficult when you can't get a steady run of games and it's clearly not for everyone. I wouldn't blame anyone at the club for his recruitment as he arrived with a decent reputation but he hasn't taken to the role very well.

If it were up to me, I'd rather offer a keeper a set run of games across all competitions rather than impose a rigid cup keeper system. It leaves us in this awkward situation every time we reach a cup final where we're still not convinced by the keeper's credentials but still feel the need to play him. I'd sooner give them the odd league game instead, or even a run out in the champions league if we have any dead rubber games.

You can't guarantee anyone games. Surely it should be a reward for good performances

Caballero Stats this season in all competitions.

Played: 10
Conceded: 16
Clean sheets: 2

To be fair most of those games will be played with a weakened outfield 10 as he plays in the cup games, I'd prefer to see stats on saves per game/goal ratio.

Oh and get Hart in the nets next Sunday no matter what the stats show.

I never said wanting to play the best team is stupid.

I said a thread calling for something that you know too well is not going to happen is stupid.
Not certain Peller won't change his mind on this one. His performance yesterday was fairly crap by any analysis and the manager will have to give serious consideration to dropping him. In the same manner if Joe was playing really badly his position should be in jeapordy. Just because he is in pole position should not mean that he plays automatically if, as there is, a serious question mark about his form. Also it represents our only realistic chance of silverware and should he play Willy and he fucks up, which imo is quite likely, the managers legacy will become increasingly tarnished.

It's not purely on that basis though is it? It's the manager's policy based on what he feels is best practice.

Let me ask this, the likelihood is Caballero is gone this summer, how do we attract another keeper to the club if he's not at least guaranteed cup games to try to impress?
We get the best back up we can and when they get a chance as Willy did yesterday we would expect them to lay down a marker not put in a piss poor performance. It's not as if the guy hasn't got his gloves dirty this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.