Has anybody actually, really ever seen a ghost?

mammutly

I once saw a grey figure standing by the edge of carpark. Thought nothing of it at the time other than it was a strange place to be just standing on a cold night. Later I heard about the 'grey man' who was said to haunt that area and it did make me think.

Never. I used to really believe in them when I was young and impressionable. The years wore on and I despite deliberately putting myself into haunted locations I never experienced a thing that I couldn't explain away.

These days I'd rather be inclined to believing I were going insane or that I had hallucinated rather than believe that I had seen a dead person. It's the more rational explanation.

No. You know why? Because there is no such thing as ghosts.
But there is a huge and expanding industry packed full of charlatans making a good living from the gullible, the stupid and the borderline mentally ill who believe this shite.

I've got a physics degree and am a staunch atheist, but I did once see something that I was unable to explain. More a kind of gaseous cloud that came from under a door (nothing odd there) but then retreated back the same way. It was when I was staying in an old country house, and when I spoke to the staff they said other people had reported similar sightings. I'm not saying it was a ghost, but it wasn't 'right' if you know what I mean.

On a side point; if anyone ever watches that Yvette Fielding bullshit,although filmed on location, its produced in Houldsworth Mill, Reddish, with extra 'spooky' scences added in from vacant floors/stairwells in the mill. Allegedly, of course.

There is a house just outside of Glossop that my friend lived in for 3 months - he and his wife couldn't stand the place. Said it felt heavy and oppressive and at night they used to just feel really upset for no reason. It was a nice house, not dark, or damp or anything. It's been 10 years since they lived there and the house continues to be sold and bought, sold and bought every 7 months on average, so obviously it wasn't just them.

I did when I was about 8 yrs old. I was up really early one sunny summer morning and set off to my uncles house as we were going fishing. I walked out of our house then up onto the canal path at the back of our house. I started walking on then glanced back to see a figure all in white, with long white hair standing in the canal splashing the water about with it's hands (the canal was only about a foot deep, Rochdale canal in Ancoats). I shit it and ran all the way to my uncles. I reckon it was a ghost. The other option would have been a seriously mental old person which in my opinion is even more scary.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.