Has anyone ever seen Duncan Edwards play?

Must admit I'm sceptical about the claims made for Duncan Edwards. Firstly, there was hardly any TV so the only people that saw him were united fans who are renowned for their use of hypebole to describe their own players and the media who are renowned for their use of hyberbole to describe United players. Secondly he died " before he could achieve his potential". I think we've all seen players who lived long enough not to achieve their potential they are ten-a-penny so basically we're being sold an unlikely image of what might have been as though it were a reality.

The only thing we can say for certain, therefore, is that if the claims that Jones is comparable to Edwards are true, then Edwards was shit.

Crouchinho said:
Reminds me of people that say Pele is the best ever when they never see him play

Probably basing it on the number of goals he scored in the reserve and army games, they all count you know

Pele was not quite as good as Modric and Bale but he scored a few - like the best Brazil national team scorer, 58 goals per season one, youngest to score hat-trick on World Cup and few other small records like that

PS. I guess you watched him each weekend so you must know how good/bad he was

MSP said:
Crouchinho said:
Reminds me of people that say Pele is the best ever when they never see him play

Probably basing it on the number of goals he scored in the reserve and army games, they all count you know

Pele was not quite as good as Modric and Bale but he scored a few - like the best Brazil national team scorer, 58 goals per season one, youngest to score hat-trick on World Cup and few other small records like that

PS. I guess you watched him each weekend so you must know how good/bad he was

Ha Ha Ha - only this.

As far as Phil Jones is concerned, I recall a few weeks ago a number of Blues stating that he was 'class' and all the other BS fed to us by the Rag Media. I said then that he was over-rated and nowhere near as good as some people believe. I see the rag prick is beginning to prove me right.

He is merely a decent player, who looked better at Blackburn (not that hard tbf) but is finding the step up a difficult adjustment. The media and some silly pundits may continue to wax lyrical about him, but I can't see him being anywhere near as good as they think.

If the rags are relying on players like Phil Jones to win them things, City and we City fans can rest easy. We ALREADY have better prospects than him.

judging by his performance yesterday he's just a clumsy donkey with the spatial awareness of a bull in a china shop. his permanently confused expression & mouth breathing don't help either. funny how nobody noticed him & he didn't get fast tracked into the england squad last season when he was at blackburn.

What the fuck is that.

482x282_482x282_Phil-Jones.png

gaudinho's stolen car said:
What the fuck is that.

482x282_482x282_Phil-Jones.png

he's absolutely hideous isn't he!

he must be the most overrated player in the league right now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.