Has anyone ever seen Duncan Edwards play?

DTeacher said:
MSP said:
Crouchinho said:
Reminds me of people that say Pele is the best ever when they never see him play

Probably basing it on the number of goals he scored in the reserve and army games, they all count you know

Pele was not quite as good as Modric and Bale but he scored a few - like the best Brazil national team scorer, 58 goals per season one, youngest to score hat-trick on World Cup and few other small records like that

PS. I guess you watched him each weekend so you must know how good/bad he was

Ha Ha Ha - only this.

As far as Phil Jones is concerned, I recall a few weeks ago a number of Blues stating that he was 'class' and all the other BS fed to us by the Rag Media. I said then that he was over-rated and nowhere near as good as some people believe. I see the rag prick is beginning to prove me right.

He is merely a decent player, who looked better at Blackburn (not that hard tbf) but is finding the step up a difficult adjustment. The media and some silly pundits may continue to wax lyrical about him, but I can't see him being anywhere near as good as they think.

If the rags are relying on players like Phil Jones to win them things, City and we City fans can rest easy. We ALREADY have better prospects than him.

I never saw Duncan Edwards play and obviously I know he died tragically at a very early age, but no one knows if he'd reached his peak as a player or if he'd have gone on to great things
A talented person dying so young or having their career cut short always adds to the myth that they were better than they actually were

As for Phil Beckenbauer the saviour of English football, unless he suffers a tragic career or life ending incident and becomes a "myth", I believe we will watch another decent Premier League player plying his trade, but when he comes up against the world's best he will be shown for what he is

he looks absolutely gash to me

he seems to make a mistake then capitalize on that mistake - by making another, and another..

it's like watching groucho marx.

ban-mcfc said:
speaking to family members who were around during the 50's and 60's (city fans though) they say best was better than anyone else to wear the rag shirt, including edwards.

they still say edwards was amazing though but phil jones wouldn't even get into our side and isn't fit to lick Jedwards' boots.

Edited for accuracy

inchy14 said:
ban-mcfc said:
speaking to family members who were around during the 50's and 60's (city fans though) they say best was better than anyone else to wear the rag shirt, including edwards.

they still say edwards was amazing though but phil jones wouldn't even get into our side and isn't fit to lick Jedwards' boots.

Edited for accuracy

Lol, does that mean we should refer to Duncan Edwards as Dedward?

Swales lives said:
inchy14 said:
ban-mcfc said:

Edited for accuracy

Ha ha , (might get a ban from one of the more sensitive mods though)

Actually 'Deadwood' sounds about right looking at his recent performances, they way he mis-controlled that ball in front of the dugout was an exceptional piece of skill.

Yes Edwards died young - but he played for United for 5 years (150 appearances - in the days before subs, so these were full matches) and had 18 England caps.

So he had unfulfilled potential, but he was quite an experienced player<br /><br />-- Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:33 pm --<br /><br />
inchy14 said:
Swales lives said:
inchy14 said:
Edited for accuracy

Ha ha , (might get a ban from one of the more sensitive mods though)

Reminds me of the old joke about Queen reforming as Right Fred's Dead

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.