Has anyone put their central heating on yet?

Get Merlin in and close the door lol.
He goes out , he would be a right mardy bugger if i kept him in lol, the kitchen is huge and no point having the heating on as the cat flaps and cold porch makes it freezing and i only pass through to get things then back to the bedroom

He goes out , he would be a right mardy bugger if i kept him in lol, the kitchen is huge and no point having the heating on as the cat flaps and cold porch makes it freezing and i only pass through to get things then back to the bedroom
"THINGS".....?????

Bloody harsh lives and times back then.
Another memory was my dad relating that the church charity he belonged to were discussing candidates and one was an old lady who spent a lot of her solitary night time in her local pub. Most saw that as a reason to not include her but my dad said the real reason was she made a half of mild last her til closing time and she was warm so saved on her coal.
He said this reasoning got her back as a receiver of charity.

Another memory was my dad relating that the church charity he belonged to were discussing candidates and one was an old lady who spent a lot of her solitary night time in her local pub. Most saw that as a reason to not include her but my dad said the real reason was she made a half of mild last her til closing time and she was warm so saved on her coal.
He said this reasoning got her back as a receiver of charity.

Not to mention she got some company as well. No TV and internet back then. Well done to your dad. A small thing can make a huge difference to people.

I have finally sucomed and put mine on over the last few days. Prior to that it was a case of wearing a couple of fleeces. It's when I am sat watching the football that I feel cold. Luckily as the user name suggests I have two whippets. When they sit next to you, which they just have to do, and I put a blanket over all of us they are like furnaces, it gets very warm. They aren't known as poor man's hot water bottles for nothing.

I have finally sucomed and put mine on over the last few days. Prior to that it was a case of wearing a couple of fleeces. It's when I am sat watching the football that I feel cold. Luckily as the user name suggests I have two whippets. When they sit next to you, which they just have to do, and I put a blanket over all of us they are like furnaces, it gets very warm. They aren't known as poor man's hot water bottles for nothing.
a flat cap too?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.