Has anyone put their central heating on yet?

Don’t worry. I was just having a joke to say you can put your central heating on in August as you’ve got a head start. It wasn’t trying to tell you that it’s wrong or that your money should be taken away.

Ultimately, everyone has a different tolerance to the cold that gets less as you age. There’s loads of banter about when you “should” put your heating on, but it isn’t serious. If you need heat today; put it on.

We try to leave it off as long as we can, but being cold is a miserable experience and can cause multiple health problems in itself.

It’s going to be another tough winter for households. Not as bad as last year, but there’ll be loads that will have to choose between heating and eating. That cant be right in this day and age.

Yes it's scandalous especially as the fuel companies are making record profits, however much they try and justify it by obfuscation.
Also the subsidy payments have been withdrawn now, so this will offset the small amount that bills have dropped.

Yes it's scandalous especially as the fuel companies are making record profits, however much they try and justify it by obfuscation.
Also the subsidy payments have been withdrawn now, so this will offset the small amount that bills have dropped.
The standing charges going up and up is another scandal.

As you say, the difference that people will feel this winter will be negligible as the cap last year was set about £500 more than it will be this winter, but the one off payments aren’t happening, so it’ll be a tiny difference.

Low users like me are going to be hit the hardest this winter according to martin lewis , gonna do my best to go as long as i can without heating

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.