Has anyone put their central heating on yet?

This is true , being cold is good for you
Cold may trigger the fight-or-flight response: blood pressure goes up because the heart pumps faster and blood vessels tense up. Cold weather and respiratory disease, including flu, also go hand in hand.
Cold weather increases the risk of illness and death from coughs, lung and heart problems,
  • Try to stay warm, well and safe during the cold weather.
  • Even moderately cold weather increases the risk of illness and death.
  • Check on your older neighbours, friends and relatives during spells of colder weather, especially those living alone or with a health condition.
  • Heat your home or the living spaces you use to at least 18 °C during waking hours.

Saturday night to dry some washing!
My wife's continued 'how am I gonna dry this washing?' broke me.
At least it meant I could have a beer in piece!

First time ever that got up yesterday morning and the windows were steamed up OUTSIDE because it is was warmer outside than in the house

First time ever that got up yesterday morning and the windows were steamed up OUTSIDE because it is was warmer outside than in the house
Doesn't mean that mate unless you've only got single glazed windows. It just means that the outer pane of glass is colder than the air i.e its not letting heat out of your house. If your windows are working correctly that should happen quite a lot in the winter, particularly when there is a high moisture content in the air.
Happens more and more with modern windows that are much more thermally efficient.

Doesn't mean that mate unless you've only got single glazed windows. It just means that the outer pane of glass is colder than the air i.e its not letting heat out of your house. If your windows are working correctly that should happen quite a lot in the winter, particularly when there is a high moisture content in the air.
Happens more and more with modern windows that are much more thermally efficient.
Or it could mean eveyone else on his street was outside his house dogging last night?

They are older double glazed windows but never seen it before!

Cold may trigger the fight-or-flight response: blood pressure goes up because the heart pumps faster and blood vessels tense up. Cold weather and respiratory disease, including flu, also go hand in hand.
Cold weather increases the risk of illness and death from coughs, lung and heart problems,
  • Try to stay warm, well and safe during the cold weather.
  • Even moderately cold weather increases the risk of illness and death.
  • Check on your older neighbours, friends and relatives during spells of colder weather, especially those living alone or with a health condition.
  • Heat your home or the living spaces you use to at least 18 °C during waking hours.
We are talking mins in the sea, ice bath, shower or walking that i do , thirty mins or so in winter mornings , then into a warm shower or back to bed for me, it has huge health benefits , best i can describe it it makes you feel alive and sharp , really makes you feel clear and brilliant

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.