Has anyone put their central heating on yet?

Was in Miami 2 years ago in September, it was like Northern Queensland, very hot and humid.
Went to see The Cure at an outdoor venue in Miami and few years back. Even Prince Andew would have been sweating like crazy! (And not because there were many teenage girls there...) my t shirt was drenched by the end of it..... kept having to wipe my face on it....

Absolutely not, still shorts weather in sunny (rainy) Chadderton, Mrs Gaz is starting to drop hints to put it on but im resisting so far
Hello fellow Chaddy short wearer, hoping to keep in them until the clocks change....as for the heating Mrs Moon is the same, we've got some building work going on in the house this week so it's had to fire up....fucker (builder not Mrs Moon) keeps leaving the back door open after cutting wood.

CH is always on. In hot weather the thermostat is set so it doesn't come on. On cold days heating will kick in. Thats how CH works I thought. Rename the thread 'are you a pussy that needs heat in cold weather?'
Yes, I split my heating system into upstairs and downstairs and have a programmable thermostat in the hall and on the landing - this gives me 6 time zones on each that I can set what temperature I want the boiler to kick in - so overnight it can drop down into the teens but the upstairs warms up around getting up and showering time and the downstairs comes on a bit later and so on. The radiators all have thermostatic valves so I can keep those rooms I don't use cooler than those I tend to sit around in. Hence no need to switch the central heating on and off; when it gets cold the boiler switches on when its warm it doesn't.

It is warmer outside than in my house , red hot in summer and freezing in autumn and winter , i am still wearing shorts when i nip out in the car to the shop etc , will continue till it gets properly cold out , not putting the heating on till i really have to, cant afford it at the best of times , i usually warm one room to start with and hang out in there

Yes, I split my heating system into upstairs and downstairs and have a programmable thermostat in the hall and on the landing - this gives me 6 time zones on each that I can set what temperature I want the boiler to kick in - so overnight it can drop down into the teens but the upstairs warms up around getting up and showering time and the downstairs comes on a bit later and so on. The radiators all have thermostatic valves so I can keep those rooms I don't use cooler than those I tend to sit around in. Hence no need to switch the central heating on and off; when it gets cold the boiler switches on when its warm it doesn't.
Like the cut of your gib sir.

You’ve got more times than America, mines set at 10 degrees so not come on yet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.