Has anyone put their central heating on yet?

Yeah. We have a pay-as -you-go meter and they can't be fiddled with anymore....unless anybody knows otherwise*
A fiver goes in a day if i try and keep the house warm....so i just do 20 mins a go. And then freeze for the rest of the day!
* KIDDING...NEVER mess with the gas or electric meters unless you want prison or death!

Held off so far. Only had a couple of days below 13 degrees and I’ve been out for most of those days. A toasty 15 today, so I’ll save the pennies a bit longer.

Seems I’ve lived in Yorkshire too long now. Tight bastard.

Yeah. We have a pay-as -you-go meter and they can't be fiddled with anymore....unless anybody knows otherwise*
A fiver goes in a day if i try and keep the house warm....so i just do 20 mins a go. And then freeze for the rest of the day!
* KIDDING...NEVER mess with the gas or electric meters unless you want prison or death!
5 quid a day to keep warm is scandalous

The old meters with corrugated piping were easy to fiddle, (a Gas Safe registered plumber told me). Just lay the meter on its side and no gas use registered. They replace those with a meter with fixed piping now, it’s impossible to turn those.

I put mine on for an hour or two in the evening if I'm here. Main thing is to dry clothes. No tumble dryer and no room for one, and they won't dry outside this time of year. If it wasnt for drying the laundry I wouldn't feel the need yet. Still mild

Seriously...when it gets to winter time, it'd cost about a fiver to keep the house warm for a day. ...and the missus always moans that it's cold...even when it's just ok.
Has your missus gone through menopause yet?

Has your missus gone through menopause yet?
No...she's got that Reynaud's Syndrome where her hands and feet have shit circulation, so feel cold most of the time. She might be going through the menopause though...I'll ask her...

she just told me to "fuck off" in a bright red face! So...yeah?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.