Has club football killed international football ?

give it to gordon

Team supported
Manchester City
More international teams are getting boo's when not playing great.

This got me thinking do to many fans expect the national team to be as good as their club team ?

England will never be as good as say the top 4 in England. I would guess the same with other top international teams.

These top top players are playing way to many games per year now, it's going to affect them. The 'small' countries will naturally play these games so it sort of evens out the games.

Take Belgium KDB has Haaland up top at Belgium he has that lump Lukaku.

I watch England and sometimes I stay awake the whole 90 minutes but in my mind I'm watching a lower standard of football than the first two leagues in England. In my mind it's like going to watch margate fc but without the show ponies like bellend.

With to much football national team fans need to lower their expectations

More international teams are getting boo's when not playing great.

This got me thinking do to many fans expect the national team to be as good as their club team ?

England will never be as good as say the top 4 in England. I would guess the same with other top international teams.

These top top players are playing way to many games per year now, it's going to affect them. The 'small' countries will naturally play these games so it sort of evens out the games.

Take Belgium KDB has Haaland up top at Belgium he has that lump Lukaku.

I watch England and sometimes I stay awake the whole 90 minutes but in my mind I'm watching a lower standard of football than the first two leagues in England. In my mind it's like going to watch margate fc but without the show ponies like bellend.

With to much football national team fans need to lower their expectations
Nobody really cares about international football, people watch it because they love football and will watch almost any football and because obviously it is played when no league games are on then the viewing figures are always artficially high, i would like to see an international game played at the same time as a pl game and the viewing figures compared and then you would see that club football will always be valued higher than international.

I've lost the excitement of watching England games whereas years ago I loved the internationals and the tournaments.
And I think it is because city are fuckin amazing and we have a fantastic team and win things that everything else comes not even a close second.

I was actually that bored the other night watching them that I made a brew and went and sat in the garden, It literally bored me to tears. Watching city and watching this pile of tripe isn't even the same ball game, it's not even the same ball park.

The first tournament where I've thought nah can't be arsed. Maybe if city wasn't the force they was I'd maybe be more invested in England and feel the buzz but the build up I felt as flat as a witches tit.

I'm old enough to remember feeling great anticipation as the home internationals began. Always looked forward to them, it being a change from the usual Division 1 stuff (as was).
Not now, even the younger generation seem to be totally disinterested in the exploits of their country when it comes to football. Like many, I watch the games because I love the sport - I even watch the odd Sunday morning kick about in the local park if one is taking place. I was a football-mad kid, and I haven't changed. I just love the game.
But watching Southgate's England is a chore: I have to remind myself that I'm a proud Englishman, that I should be getting behind my national side, cheering on the boys etc. But Waistcoat's idea of football is not my idea. Far from it.

As a boy I saved up my paper-round money and bought the 1970 England team's single, 'Back Home,' I can still remember the B-side, 'Cinnamon Stick' or something? I played it to death, sang along with it, pretended I was scoring the winner for my country in the World Cup final, all the usual stuff.
But if someone gave me tickets to watch the next England game I'd put them on eBay immediately.

As a boy I saved up my paper-round money and bought the 1970 England team's single, 'Back Home,' I can still remember the B-side, 'Cinnamon Stick' or something? I played it to death, sang along with it, pretended I was scoring the winner for my country in the World Cup final, all the usual stuff.
But if someone gave me tickets to watch the next England game I'd put them on eBay immediately.
Wasn't that song a piss take, because the title sounds like "Seen A Man's Dick"? To be fair it was the Seventies so, you know ...

;)

I have such mixed feelings about all of it these days.

I truly believe it you pay £1000s to watch some of the shite that Belgium and England have served up then you're entitled to let that be known.

I think the overall quality of European football is really quite high at the moment, and the sensible tactics of not getting beat don't align with what fans want. It's quite disorienting and frustrating watching literally some of the best footballers on the planet look like Championship quality. It's off-putting.

But there's also way, way way too much football and UEFA, FIFA and the clubs themselves are squeezing the orange dry. Fact of the matter is in the 1970s you had The Big Match, a bit of radio commentary, and whoever you saw in the ground. International tournaments let you see players from around the world that you'd not seen. These days I can legally and comfortably watch two football games every day, I know their profiles from video games and global reporting, and I've seen their highlights on YouTube.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.