Has it been a good/poor season?

Can't win the league every year but, after VAR fucked us over a few times over the autumn months, we were miles off it. The FA Cup was very winnable but we were shite against Arsenal and again vs Lyon yesterday. A season of big frustration where collectively our levels dropped away. The VAR impact on the whole game and the Covid restrictions made it a largely forgettable season for me. I thought we rarely saw us hit the heights of the previous 2 seasons. Merlin leaving from an emotional point of view and Sane leaving for his attacking impact and team balance will be big misses. Foden's progress was encouraging though. After 4 seasons we're no closer to solving the LB position which is scarcely believable.

this season we just oiling the cogs in winning the league cup and 2nd place and is a ok season

the thing is we had 2 amazing seasons before this one and if anything the luck run out early doors, and with injuries and bad form and the left side of the defence was all over the place it was going to be a hard season before covid-19

big turning point of the season for me was the liverpool game at anfield when we got done over and we waved the white flag and put all our eggs in all the cup games basket ? should have done better in the fa cup semi final ? but like last night just did not turn up and got rolled over two easy infact in both games

now this has to be put right in this transfer window. defence and striker options and this city squad can not carry anybody anymore ? if you don't bring anything to the table then what is the point being here

stones mendy otamendi cancelo zinchenko need to be moved on even if its for youth to be given first team squad places its no room for sentimental you bring something or go ? its hard but thank you and good bye to them

7/10 season

A season of disruption, change & departures.
Vincent.
VAR
R.TETTA
Sane
David
Covid.
In my view Vincent & R. Tetta have had the biggest negative impact.

agree a big season of change.

But the blame for me falls at the board no kompany replacement, fern or Aguero back ups have really cost us this season

If we had reached the semi-finals and lost to a brilliant Bayern side, I would've rated this as an okay season with a trophy and some progress in the CL.

League Cup
Premier league runners up
FA cup semi-finalists
Quarter Final of Champions League
Highest goal scorers in the league
Poor season ? How long have you watched City?

31 years. It’s all relative. We can be grateful for what we have and humble because of where we have been but this season has been shite we have massively underachieved.

Not a great season, but a consideration has to be the high intensity levels of the two previous seasons.

Fingers crossed we land running in Sept and get the hunger and intensity back.

Far from the worst. Frustrating season punctuated by moments of footballing brilliance. The stars seemed to be aligning in Europe but I could say the same about last season too, both years were good opportunities.

I wasn't too upset to not win the league but it felt worse purely on the grounds of who we came second to. They're having their day in the sun now and the vigour with which they are celebrating is because they know it won't continue for a prolonged period.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.