Has it disappointed you that were not expanding the stadium,

DontLookBackInAnger said:
Kenney_The_Blue said:
I agree, my worry is the loss of seats while we expand, its stupid to lose out like that!

I would have thought we'd be able to do it in between seasons??
I would really doubt it, you might be right though.

3 tiers all the way round, 60,000, 3 months, easy ;)

The problem with expansion is the effect on the short term. Very easy to say lets expand but at the moment we are creating history and so expanding behind the goal for example would probably take the capacity down by 10k in the short term, with so many people potentially missing out on us creating history.

Secondly at the moment I doubt the demand is there, yes QPR we could get huge numbers, but the majority of the games, tickets sold out quite late on. Is the upheaval and cost worth installing seats to improve capacity by say 5 or 6k when there is no guarantee those tickets would be sold.

Thirdly football is very popular at the moment and rising a crest of the wave at the moment. Italy is full of huge stadiums scarcely populated on match days as the trend to watch live football has diminished. Lets grow the fan base first and then build.

Not read everyone's posts, but in direct reply to the OP, surely it would take more than just a summer to upgrade the stadium??? It's a massive piece of civil engineering work given the layout of the stadium. I'd think it would take a couple of years to do although I could well be wrong. But if I'm only even a third right, it surely means it eats into the season and that means that the capacity will go down before it goes up, which may lose us seasoncard holders in the long term if they're kicked out whilst the upgrade takes place. People who, presumably are lower point holder seasoncard holders and who might not return.

Lot more to it than meets the eye.

I'm still not convinced that the club doesn't have something stunning in mind anyway. The owners have not settled for "making do" with anything they have done so far(with perhaps the exception of keeping Mark Hughes), the fact they have done little to the stadium seems to me a sign we are perhaps thinking too small.

Franny Lee's Barrel Chest said:
Not read everyone's posts, but in direct reply to the OP, surely it would take more than just a summer to upgrade the stadium??? It's a massive piece of civil engineering work given the layout of the stadium. I'd think it would take a couple of years to do although I could well be wrong. But if I'm only even a third right, it surely means it eats into the season and that means that the capacity will go down before it goes up, which may lose us seasoncard holders in the long term if they're kicked out whilst the upgrade takes place. People who, presumably are lower point holder seasoncard holders and who might not return.

Lot more to it than meets the eye.

Couple of years ?? they built the london shard in 2..( after of course getting rid of the previous building that is)

just sayin' like

Would anyone actually complain if it was revealed we're building a new stadium? The COMS/Etihad has started to feel like home now and is a very nice stadium but we want to be the best club in the world and could have the best stadium in the world if our owners chose to build it. We could blow away everyone in England, even Arsenal's stadium, and all Sheikh Mansour would need to do is nod his head to make it happen.

Beijing-National-Stadium-at-night.jpg

AOL-Arena-at-night.jpg

Amsterdam-Arena-at-night-2.jpg

would love it if they some how redeveloped the southstand into one single kop like tier

bluebannana said:
would love it if they some how redeveloped the southstand into one single kop like tier

Totally agree (can't see it though :/) I remember the spurs mock up of a new stadium, if someone could get a pic up of that, it looks awesome.

#operation 1 big end!

Kenney_The_Blue said:
Kenney_The_Blue said:
We have just set a record for the highest average attendance for years, I honestly think we should expand for the 2013/14 season.
ever mate.

Cheers mate, I honestly think there's a high enough demand for 55,000+
There detinitely is. Price it right and we'd get 60k!<br /><br />-- Sat May 05, 2012 3:19 pm --<br /><br />
bluebannana said:
I'd like a huge wrap around one tier from 101 to 121 covering the whole of the East and South Stands.

Look at how good that looks - <a class="postlink" href="http://www.google.co.uk/search?tbm=isch&source=mog&hl=en-GB&gl=uk&client=safari&tab=wi&q=tottenham%20stadium%20new&sa=N&biw=320&bih=413#i=5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.google.co.uk/search?tbm=isch ... ih=413#i=5</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.