Has Neil Lennon Always Been a Scunt?

lancs blue said:
Excellent post, ayrshire blue. ^^^
Agreed...except for this part:

In no way, shape or form is my life made any worse than my Mrs who is protestant. I suggest people claiming the above get off their fecking high horse and get a grip of themselves. There is just as much sectarian abuse towards loyalists, protestants etc than there is us Catholics. Those stating the above reek of paranoia, seriously, get a grip.

If, as you state, sectarian abuse takes place then it DOES make peoples lives worse. In fact, you say earlier on in the post that the SFA (and possibly as a consequence the wider society) have by and large ignored the problem of sectarianism. Its like a contagious disease and feeds on inaction, ambivilance and ignorance.

The one major problem in trying to tackle sectarianism is that people are more likely to point fingers than self assess. Weve seen it time and time again (even on this thread). When incidents happen there seems to be no common ground in wanting to prevent them from happening again. All we ever see is the blame game. You did 'this' so what we did is justified. Find a way of solving that conundrum and you find a solution to the whole sorry mess.

Thanks folks,

Bluetoo - I should maybe have been a little clearer on that part. What I mean is in my life as a catholic in society I am treated no different by any person than to how my Mrs and many of my protestant mates are. Lately I've heard a lot of people (mainly Celtic fans) spouting pish about how us Catholics are so hard done by when its not the case. It's one set of bigots against another - then there's the rest of us left to be embarrassed by it all.

ayrshire_blue said:
Thanks folks,

Bluetoo - I should maybe have been a little clearer on that part. What I mean is in my life as a catholic in society I am treated no different by any person than to how my Mrs and many of my protestant mates are. Lately I've heard a lot of people (mainly Celtic fans) spouting pish about how us Catholics are so hard done by when its not the case. It's one set of bigots against another - then there's the rest of us left to be embarrassed by it all.

Agree 100%.A huge amount of Celtic fans sadly do not realise they were part of the problem as well.Pundits like,Walker,Nicholas and even Galloway now never mention all of the nonsense in the Celtic end.CLOWNS FROM BOTH SETS OF FANS EMBARRASSED THEIR CLUBS.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.