Has Pep Saved the FA Cup?

Pep has always taken the FA Cup (and league cup) seriously and played very strong sides, certainly after his first season. Yet I seem to recall that every other side used to play B teams in the cups, but gradually they have caught on and are all playing much stronger teams, like we do.

So not only has Pep given us the best football the Premier League has seen, not only has he changed the way everyone plays football, he has made the F A Cup a far better and more competitive tournament.

The Bald fucking Fraud strikes again
I think he's taken the FA and Caraboa cups seriously. It sad other managers just see them as a distraction over finishing higher in the table.

The second string keepers have cost us in semi-finals against "b-teams".

He makes a decent amount of changes, just has a better 20 to pick from.
This is the correct answer. Our squad is competitive for 1st team places. There is not much drop off from 1st team player to substitute. Peps genius is the players are all interchangeable.
It looks like we take it seriously (which we do) compared to other teams because the players are all at pretty much the same level, coached by a football guru.

I watched last season’s FA Cup Final in a bar in Mathew Street and then went straight to a gig at The Cavern. What a great day out that was.

An older Evertonian sat next to me for the match and he was an absolute gent. The bar was full of tourists so I was fine as a Blue.

I gave up my Seasoncard years back but I’d have fucking loved to have been there beating them.

Fulham dropped their best players to the bench, most sides couldnt give a shit about the FA Cup
That is something I've never understood. We used to do it ourselves back in the day playing a weakened side to save players for league games and plenty of clubs still play weakened sides for the same reason. Most fans don't just want the mediocrity of relegation, survival they want to see their club progress each round with a chance to dream of walking down Wembley Way.

Newcastle fans are desperate to win a meaningful trophy as it's 69 years since their last when they won the FA Cup in 1955 and most of them weren't alive back then! I reckon 90% of Geordies would take winning the FA Cup this season if it meant they'd be relegated, that's how desperate they are!

Look at West Ham winning the Europa Conference League last season, it meant the world to Hammers fans and i was delighted for them even though many opposition fans taunted them for winning a trophy they saw as worthless.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.