Has the BBC become a Tory tool?

With respect, I think Lineker was referring to the use of carefully crafted propaganda from 1933 onwards, from their ministry of ‘public enlightenment’; all designed to slowly influence and align German people to the Nazi ideology. Not an easy point to make in a tweet & he shouldn’t have gone near that reference, but he should be able to voice his opinion & castigate the inflammatory language used by politicians.

Obviously a very different end target, but the language used by Braverman and the Tories around migration and asylum is crafted for a reason. And it’s a pretty rancid reason, purely with a culture war and an election in mind. The Tories are very good at managing a message and creating fear, with the vast majority of the print media eager to lap it up and deliver.

We agree in terms of he shouldn't have gone near the reference unless he could qualify them.

And certainly when he has already been warned about him making political statements on a medium such as Twitter.

Lineker can't say the same. That's the point. He's been warned plenty of times re his Twitter.

A Holocaust survivor has experience and gravitas on the subject.

Lineker has neither.

So no one who wasn’t there is allowed to agree with Joan Salter (the survivor that confronted her in January) that Braverman is using rhetoric comparable to 1930s Germany?

We are reliant on a few surviving 90 year olds to raise the alarm on their own.

Also the fact he’s been warned about making political statements on twitter is entirely the point, when Alan Sugar and Karen Brady are allowed to say whatever they want about the governments opposition without reproach, and Andrew Neil was the face of BBC politics for years without being held to impartiality.

Just waiting for Shearer to make the right call. Whoever agrees to do it is going to face a serious backlash.
Really from who? The BBC have just said he broke impartiality guidelines , t looks very much like he's lost his job because of his own stupidity and arrogance. Tbh I can't stand him on MOTD. So I am a little biased.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.