Has the last month been the best in your life??

For a lot of people it is much more than just a game. When I saw all the blues visiting the graves of their loved ones yesterday in Southern cemetery, it became clear that it means so much more for many people. Being a supporter of a particular football club is the thing that some people choose to define themselves ahead of religion, ethnicity or where they’re from.
Landed at 12-30pm on Monday.

At 1-45pm I was stood in front of my fathers memorial plaque at Christ Church Denton.

Told him about Istanbul and the last 3 months.

He would’ve been so so chuffed and proud.

He loved City and would’ve loved this era.

Whilst I agree with your list (apart from 2019) this was the best football high I'd had since the Aguero moment. The problem with success is that you need a bigger and bigger success to replicate that high but the last two Saturdays both did it for me.

Certainly the ECL final was the most anxious I'd felt about a game in a long while (absolutely sick with nerves in the 24 hours before kick off), but in terms of that blistering adrenalin surge you get with huge goals in huge games, Rodri's, whilst a top 10 jobber for sure, was still well behind both the Aguero (2012) and Dickov (1999) moments for me. The Dickov goal I think is destined to be forever my peak moment in football, not in terms of what was actually achieved obviously, but just for the sheer unadulterated joy of the moment. I fell over those crappy old Wembley bench seats and got up again about 5 times in the tumult, screaming my head off. Simpler times mate

Certainly the ECL final was the most anxious I'd felt about a game in a long while (absolutely sick with nerves in the 24 hours before kick off), but in terms of that blistering adrenalin surge you get with huge goals in huge games, Rodri's, whilst a top 10 jobber for sure, was still well behind both the Aguero (2012) and Dickov (1999) moments for me. The Dickov goal I think is destined to be forever my peak moment in football, not in terms of what was actually achieved obviously, but just for the sheer unadulterated joy of the moment. I fell over those crappy old Wembley bench seats and got up again about 5 times in the tumult, screaming my head off. Simpler times mate
Same as you mate: the Dickov goal was the biggest single goal high I've had. Before that it was probably Morley at Bradford. After that Yaya against United, Sergio of course but this one was probably as thrilling as those latter three. I must have cheered for a minute plus. I felt as much emotion at full time as all of those games (plus Stoke)

2012 run-in (and the whole 2010-2012 period in general) is still my favourite for a variety of reasons, but I wouldn't take issue with anyone who think that this is the peak.

Well…..2023 has been utterly awesome on loads of levels.

City (doing Munich and Istanbul a lifelong dream)

The team I coach became ‘INVINCIBLES’ 22-0

Turned 50 (18 in my head!)

Done loads of travelling, met a nice woman too!

What’s not to like?
City - CL win and beating those that I can see from my living room in the FA cup final!
Turned 60 - believe you have 4 ages, passport, face, body & behaviour take the average so am < 60!
Done loads of travelling
Met a nice woman who spent the FA cup final in a Lewisham pub vastly outnumbered having dropped me off to get the DLR - yes she got some dirty looks from them but didn't care!

Same as you mate: the Dickov goal was the biggest single goal high I've had. Before that it was probably Morley at Bradford. After that Yaya against United, Sergio of course but this one was probably as thrilling as those latter three. I must have cheered for a minute plus. I felt as much emotion at full time as all of those games (plus Stoke)
That Dickov goal was unreal however the first 3 in Sept 89 were pretty special. I didn't get to Bradford but listened on GMR and went mad around my mums front room.
Goater's first at Ewood was absolutely memorable.
I thought that Stoke at Wembley could never be topped then Sergio stepped up....that's it, nothing left to achieve.
On we go to Gabriel Jesus at Southampton.
These last two weeks have been immense, the Rodri goal for me at the Ataturk is the best feeling I've ever had at a game as we've all finally completed our journey.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.