Has the premier league burst its own bubble ?

give it to gordon

Team supported
Manchester City
Is the premier league about to destroy itself ?

With all this these restrictions coming in on investment and spending a very quiet transfer window.

Clubs seem reluctant to spend, meaning its more difficult for players to move on. Does this play into other leagues hands who can offer bigger wages etc.

Seems to me the premier league have been obsessed with attacking City and have taken their eye of the game.

The premier league just caters for dippers, rags and gooners and spuds.

I find it ridiculous that Newcastle are having trouble with ffp, it's a joke. New owners who wish to invest and build their club are held back from doing so to protect evil 4. Yes I know Newcastle signed that letter.

I know the pl clubs agreed to the new regulations. But if clubs struggling with these, it means clubs will struggle to bring the best players to the league. Which will ruin the product they thought it would save.

Makes you wonder if they are making way for the ESL, everyone involved in football probably knows it's happening but you have to bury the evidence (The PL) first.

If the premier does burst it bubble the scum even with the amount of money they make will be in deep shit just because the debt they have! Majority of the clubs would be too! If the tv money drops massively every club in the premier will be getting docked points for losses and that is how fcuking shite PSR is

No because every other major league has even tighter restrictions than the PL and Saudi is never going to be the thing it wants to be.

With all this these restrictions coming in on investment and spending a very quiet transfer window.

Clubs seem reluctant to spend, meaning its more difficult for players to move on. Does this play into other leagues hands who can offer bigger wages etc.

Seems to me the premier league have been obsessed with attacking City and have taken their eye of the game.

I find it ridiculous that Newcastle are having trouble with ffp, it's a joke. New owners who wish to invest and build their club are held back from doing so to protect evil 4. Yes I know Newcastle signed that letter.

I know the pl clubs agreed to the new regulations. But if clubs struggling with these, it means clubs will struggle to bring the best players to the league. Which will ruin the product they thought it would save.
It has always been the case. First up was the Spurs double winning side of the early sixties when MotD first began and it was generally Spurs on every fuckin' game, until that match when we battered 'em 6-2 the BBC fucked off and broadcast another game, then it was a mix of the Arse, Dippers and, never off the fuckin' BBC, the Rags - every FAC game no matter who they are playing, and no matter if there are more mouth-watering games elsewhere.

There's no problem with investment within the PL just as long as you put it on the slate and rack up more debt!

All depends on the ESL happening.

If that happens and teams around Europe one by one end up feeling forced to join in the end that will the final nail in the coffin.

Maybe not so much for the top sides in the EPL, but all the mid-table sides that have currently been winning transfer battles against the likes of Ajax, Lyon, Marseille, Roma, Lazio etc... those days will be gone.

Those European teams will be able to keep their players and win transfer battles to sign players because they can finally offer the same money as a West Ham, Forest, Brighton etc...

I doubt it - even with the restrictions there are half a dozen of the "super [rich] clubs" in the league. With that many big teams, there's always the chance for another to occasionally push in around the 5th/6th spots, to give the pretence of competition.

The PL 6 are all in the top 10 richest clubs in Europe, so they're going to be able to attract the best players, and will be up and around the later stages of most European competitions.

Every club that has been in the Premier League for 2-3 years is now amongst the richest 40 clubs in the World, so without any extra investment, they can afford to buy some of the best players. With European competition expansion, and the rise in finances, it wouldn't be a surprise to see some of the mid table clubs start to become regular success stories too. (I think someone worked out that West Ham's squad was bought for £100m more than the combined cost of the 8 teams they played in Europe last season).

City will burst the PL bubble if any of this shit sticks, don’t need to worry about that, and if it does, ESL will be the only option of what we all have to buy into, can see it now, IF the charges (or some) stick

It is an inevitable consequence of the stupidity shown by the PL leadership. Putting a limit on external investment at a time when the country is on its knees is total madness. They could have put a limit on debt, introduced wages controls, or limits for agents fees. They could have ringfenced some of the broadcast payments for grass-roots football. Instead Masters chose to launch a politically-motivated witchunt against City. The football media (except for Martin Samuels) has also been complicit. Sports hacks who know nothing about finance have supported the FFP fiasco from start to finish and helped manipulate the minds of gullible football fans. It has been a total shit-show from start to finish.

It is an inevitable consequence of the stupidity shown by the PL leadership. Putting a limit on external investment at a time when the country is on its knees is total madness. They could have put a limit on debt, introduced wages controls, or limits for agents fees. They could have ringfenced some of the broadcast payments for grass-roots football. Instead Masters chose to launch a politically-motivated witchunt against City. The football media (except for Martin Samuels) has also been complicit. Sports hacks who know nothing about finance have supported the FFP fiasco from start to finish and helped manipulate the minds of gullible football fans. It has been a total shit-show from start to finish.

That's a good point.

We steel works shutting, almost every day a high street brand goes bust. So what does the pl do reduce the investment and allow big debt. This country needs investment in stead the pl are sticking with the old out of date brands and stop new exciting brands come through. It really is a bonkers way to run your product. If the pl was to go into the dragons den with their plan plan of debt over investment I wonder if any dragons would invest ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.