Has this season turned the laws of the game a farce?

The offside rule could be quote simple , if you need to get the lines out and start measuring then don't bother its not offside, after all that's what they did when Salah scored against us.
I think the actual problem is time delay - if all offside calls were instant, then the complaint against the current system would disappear. The problem with current VAR-assisted offside technology is that play continues once offside occurs and sometimes a goal is scored - and when subsequently brought back due to offside far earlier in the play, is horrible.

IMO current AI technology could be developed to make offside calls instant (eliminating the not-counted subsequent goals, emotion, and controversy) - what's lacking is enough funding to make this happen.

I will genuinely give up on watching city live if this var farce continues. I absolutely hate it. Can’t stand it and will not be watching premiership football next season if this continues. I will enjoy lower league grounds and games.

I did not even celebrate any goal last night. It is a complete farce.

The PL has been regulated, it's become a well devised marketing tool to promote the dippers and co. This isn't just paranoia IMO, Liverpool (And they are a very good team mind) are going to be handed the title on a silver platter and they are going to be resold time and time again on the Asian market by the media.

Looking at the penalty we got awarded tonight, which seemed an obvious attempt to compensate (now that the title's gone) for some of the farcical/corrupt decisions Liverpool have been awarded this season, it seems football is no longer a contact sport as a result of attempts to engineer the title race.

Like the Mane decision, the touch on Mahrez's foot didn't obstruct or impede him (and unless you're soft, obviously didn't hurt him) in the slightest but was still given. At every level from Sunday League to North West Counties and all the way up to about League 1, there would be a brawl if the referee had given a decision like that. Even a couple of seasons ago in the Premier League, that wouldn't be given as a penalty. And don't get me started on the handball rule.

So forgetting the farce that is VAR, is the game going the wrong way in terms of handing out penalties like confetti as a result of trying to engineer (and now compensate for engineering) the title race?

FWIW, I've got absolutely no problems with Mahrez going down tonight, or Salah or Mane or anyone else, it's the referees' fault for giving fouls out any time a player goes down whereas blatant fouls that do impede players but the player stays on his feet like Traore on Mendy aren't given.
I disagree that it didn't impede him. He could lift his foot as there was another stood on it , and at pace it would have the same effect as tripping him. A good penalty for me. VAR completely fucking most teams over this year but there seems to be one team that is getting some really favourable shouts. That are saving them from points losses. Even the law of averages I bet would show LiVARpool as the biggest beneficiaries

It will be really interesting that if now for the rest of the session LFC suddenly start getting the dodgy decisions.

As far as I am concerned though, the more people involved in reffing the game the more chance for an LFC fanboy to influence things. Make the ref the ONLY person who decides Ffsake!

I have made my mind up. If var is here next season I am watching lower league football. I can’t tell you how much I hate it.

I disagree that it didn't impede him. He could lift his foot as there was another stood on it , and at pace it would have the same effect as tripping him. A good penalty for me. VAR completely fucking most teams over this year but there seems to be one team that is getting some really favourable shouts. That are saving them from points losses. Even the law of averages I bet would show LiVARpool as the biggest beneficiaries

Well look at the next couple of strides that Mahrez took. They were completely uninterrupted until he dived on the floor. The bigger impediment was the arm on his shoulder that made him very slightly off balance but that still should be nowhere enough for a foul, that's just good defending.

Then compare that to Traore who clatters right through the back of Mendy and instantly impedes him, knocking him completely off balance to the extent that Mendy loses the ball.

One was a foul because the player dived on the floor, the other wasn't given because the player didn't dive. That's what the rules have become.

I couldn't think of two more polar opposite examples to demonstrate how farcical the rules and refereeing of the game are.

Funny thing is the football governing body ifab say PL using var for offside wrongly, if that's the case why did they disallow Sterling's hat trick goal for an offside no one noticed in the CL against Spurs. And Wolves think their hard done by.

Well look at the next couple of strides that Mahrez took. They were completely uninterrupted until he dived on the floor. The bigger impediment was the arm on his shoulder that made him very slightly off balance but that still should be nowhere enough for a foul, that's just good defending.

Then compare that to Traore who clatters right through the back of Mendy and instantly impedes him, knocking him completely off balance to the extent that Mendy loses the ball.

One was a foul because the player dived on the floor, the other wasn't given because the player didn't dive. That's what the rules have become.

I couldn't think of two more polar opposite examples to demonstrate how farcical the rules and refereeing of the game are.
Mahrez didn't take 2 more strides he went down straight away, so dont know what your looking at there. Traore challenge was heavy and I've seen it given but as the ball was last touched by a city player Wtf was Mendy doing shepherding the ball out? He should have cleared it out for a throw in. I dont like divers but Mahrez was stood on as he was running, quite a painful

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.