Hated or pitied?

malg said:
Personally don't give a fuck what any of them think. I didn't listen to their bullshit when we were down and out - all that 'we hope you come back up, it's not the same not having a derby'.................'our biggest game is Liverpool'........etc, etc. I don't listen to their shite now about how we've bought two trophies in two years - after saying you couldn't buy success.

Fuck em all....

I have seen rags and scousers recently loving up to each other as if they are now best of buddies.FOOKIN hypocrites.

Could'nt give a fuck what fans of other clubs think or say about us, they're irrelevant, not sure why anyone would be concerned about them to be honest.

If it was a choice between them hating us or them being consumed by hatred I would pick the latter. All day. Indifference doesn't even register. I've been there and don't want to go back.

I've said it before, but it deserves repeating: their tears are delicious.<br /><br />-- Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:35 pm --<br /><br />
swifty said:
Could'nt give a fuck what fans of other clubs think or say about us, they're irrelevant, not sure why anyone would be concerned about them to be honest.
"It is not enough to succeed. Others must fail."

paulchapo said:
Couldn't care less either way.Whatever other teams fans thought never helped us when we were crap and it won't hinder us now we aren't.As for the rags thay hate us whatever and the feeling is mutual.

When they were winning the treble they couldn't just be happy with that they had to mock us for daring to support 'Crap City' as they put it.I even had one gloating rag fucker with his equally brain dead mates giving me stick in a kebab shop in Didsbury when that saw my City hat.

''You must be brave wearing that,how can you support that shit'' etcetera etcetera.I replied,''You will NEVER know why that's why you support United!''

That stumped the morons who slunk off with a ''What the fuck did he mean?'' look on their moronic faces.Everytime we beat them,everytime i see their pain,when we snatched the title from their greedy grasp in the last few seconds,i remember that night and smile.

What an absolutely brilliant, brilliant post.

I grew up in Cornwal, where I had mates who supported many different teams, including Spurs, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and of course, scum.

I have been laughed at and mocked for supporting City, but my support never wavered.

Now I, like all of us, am reaping the rewards.

And it's fantastic.

Thank you all for your courteous replies. I get the impression most of you don't care. Personally, I'd like to be successful AND loved.

Vienna_70 said:
paulchapo said:
Couldn't care less either way.Whatever other teams fans thought never helped us when we were crap and it won't hinder us now we aren't.As for the rags thay hate us whatever and the feeling is mutual.

When they were winning the treble they couldn't just be happy with that they had to mock us for daring to support 'Crap City' as they put it.I even had one gloating rag fucker with his equally brain dead mates giving me stick in a kebab shop in Didsbury when that saw my City hat.

''You must be brave wearing that,how can you support that shit'' etcetera etcetera.I replied,''You will NEVER know why that's why you support United!''

That stumped the morons who slunk off with a ''What the fuck did he mean?'' look on their moronic faces.Everytime we beat them,everytime i see their pain,when we snatched the title from their greedy grasp in the last few seconds,i remember that night and smile.

I grew up in Cornwal, where I had mates who supported many different teams, including Spurs, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and of course, scum.

I have been laughed at and mocked for supporting City, but my support never wavered.

And it's fantastic.

Cheers.They just don't understand do they,never have,never will.Supporting your club isn't about winning trophies,though it is nice if you do.It is about turning up week after week,in snow,hail,rain,when they are utter dross but going anyway.It is about the crack,the sense of belonging,sharing the misery,the pain and hopefully the good times.Having a laugh,seeing the disbelief on the players face when they looked in the away end to see it packed.You knew what they were thinking...''Jesus we are rubbish and they have come all this way to support us!''

It is about standing tall and keeping your dignity and humour when you are being mocked by all and sundry,even on the bloody Chris Evans show,it featured a load of people in City kits getting into a lift and he says,''Going down?''I won't forget!

It was watching us get relegated at Ipswich and their moronic fans holding a banner up with,''You are the weakest link City,goodbye!'' Not forgotten either!

It is waking up every matchday with hope in your hearts hoping today is going to be your day.It was praying,hoping and dreaming a miracle would happen and somehow we would rise from the ashes and ram every taunt back down all the gloating throats and have the laust laugh.Well now we have and i also pray it has just begun...we have a lot of taunts and years to make up for!

Big Swifty said:
Would you rather be hated by rags and/or Scousers than despised and pitied? We've all heard venom from Utd fans - Only yesterday I heard "They've spent all that money and could only beat us on goal difference" - unbelievable!
But not so long ago rags hated Liverpool, now their hatred is aimed at us. We used to be pitied, viewed with contempt by the "Big Four", as sad losers. Now we are loathed, it seems.
I myself prefer being successful but hated. A no-brainer.

United won 28 league games last season , and that's almost as many as they've won in ANY of their title successess ...... the only difference this time was they were up against an exceptional City side who matched their consistency , and one that eventually overcame them on goal difference.

Both sides have spent millions , and United are about to do it again with that Japanese guy ....... and probably other new players too.

We may well have only beaten them on 'goal difference' , but we also beat a side who , themselves , have spent a small fortune ..... and one that certainly never EXPECTED to lose the title race last season!

Vienna_70 said:
paulchapo said:

And it's fantastic.
same here! all their fans had mocked us over the years for being useless,took it on the chin.we have history its just out shadowed by most clubs, most fans forget about the 100+ years of football before. other clubs were great,its our time to steamroll on for more titles and trophies. to hell with the rags for all i care.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.