Hats

At the minute I like to wear this to formal events.

1796.jpg
Always thought Merson was a dickhead...

Sent from my 5010X using Tapatalk

I have 23 hats
4 x flatcaps (2 for work one summer one winter)
3x deer stalkers
2x porkpies
1x homby
1x trilby
2x wooly/bobble hats(all city)
2x bucket hats(old city ones)
2x Fedoras
1x ushanka
1xambassordar hat
2x fezzes ( bought for frank sidebottom event but wear still)
1x Lenin/fisherman/lennon cap
1x viet cong pith helme
1x soviet afghan campaign dessert cap

But I wouldn't be caught dead in a baseball cap, horrible things.

bar a couple that were for specific things, I wear most of them depending on the weather and season, always wear one to the match though some are considered bad luck. most are mod fashion accessories.
You see old pictures of everybody in hats and suits it's a shame nowadays it's not that common and that grey adidas trackies are considered smart fashion to walk around in.

I have 23 hats
4 x flatcaps (2 for work one summer one winter)
3x deer stalkers
2x porkpies
1x homby
1x trilby
2x wooly/bobble hats(all city)
2x bucket hats(old city ones)
2x Fedoras
1x ushanka
1xambassordar hat
2x fezzes ( bought for frank sidebottom event but wear still)
1x Lenin/fisherman/lennon cap
1x viet cong pith helme
1x soviet afghan campaign dessert cap

But I wouldn't be caught dead in a baseball cap, horrible things.

bar a couple that were for specific things, I wear most of them depending on the weather and season, always wear one to the match though some are considered bad luck. most are mod fashion accessories.
You see old pictures of everybody in hats and suits it's a shame nowadays it's not that common and that grey adidas trackies are considered smart fashion to walk around in.
Living in England negates wearing a baseball cap, where I live, at this elevation the sun will cook you alive. It's function over form but you're fight, shame to see hats lose their appeal. I had a mate from England visit about 20 years ago in January,temp hit -40f and the **** wouldn't put a hat on because he'd spent 20 mins blow drying and gelling (spell?) Poor fucker thought he looked good and thought the girls would think so too...still makes me laugh, he was miserable as fuck whilst all the girls he thought he might hit on had big wool hats on

Living in England negates wearing a baseball cap, where I live, at this elevation the sun will cook you alive. It's function over form but you're fight, shame to see hats lose their appeal. I had a mate from England visit about 20 years ago in January,temp hit -40f and the **** wouldn't put a hat on because he'd spent 20 mins blow drying and gelling (spell?) Poor fucker thought he looked good and thought the girls would think so too...still makes me laugh, he was miserable as fuck whilst all the girls he thought he might hit on had big wool hats on

Only reason I don't like baseball caps is they don't really suit what I wear, class them as better with sportswear which I'm not one for wearing bar maybe an adidas originals jacket and obviously their trainers, can see the practicality of them, I just wear my lennon hat instead as it's got a peak.
flat caps have become common with younger people again over here, mainly as a fashion item and a few pork pies. fucking hipsters are ruining the trilby/fedora though.
There's a guy goes in the townley always got a tweed deer stalker on , I tend to wear the pork pie hat, tidy little hat, goes with any clothing and weather conditions

Last edited:
I have 2 City baseball caps for sunny days at the stadium. Sitting in EL3, I can actually watch the game without having to put my hand over my eyes. In winter, I have a bobble hat .

This year, for the first time in my life, I was given a panama hat (for my 66th birthday) for my trip to Tenerife. Last time I went, I got heat stroke as the baseball cap just didn't cover me enough. This year, the new headwear worked a treat. Now used regularly for playing bowls.

Also, I don't see many moose, bears, coyotes, or beavers in Woodley these days. Must be global warming.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.