Hatton - Documentary

I've got this one recorded and looking forward to watching it.

He was a boxer who you wanted to watch - he was all action and always went in looking to win. He was fantastic at times, but maybe stayed in the game too long and went looking for the wrong fights for the money. Don't blame him though, I'd do the same.

Great character and City fan, he's done a fair bit to put us in the minds of other people so full credit to him.

Away to watch it now, one of my boyhood heroes, remember watching his Pac-Man fight in a cinema in Manila. Fair to say I’m the only Hatton fan and sang bluemoon with pride and caution.

We first came across Hatton in about his fourth fight when he was on the undercard to a Prince Nassem fight at the Arena.

After that we followed him all over the country. From Bristol, to Bethnall Green, Halifax, Doncaster, Newcastle. Just to name a few. All cumulating in that amazing fight in the middle of the night against Tszyu back where it all started ( for us not him ) at the Arena.

Never felt it was quite the same after that. Even though he went on to win numerous other World Title fights.

Wonderful memories of a genuine great fighter and as nice a bloke as you could meet. A rare combination.

Really looking forward to watching the documentary.

We first came across Hatton in about his fourth fight when he was on the undercard to a Prince Nassem fight at the Arena.

After that we followed him all over the country. From Bristol, to Bethnall Green, Halifax, Doncaster, Newcastle. Just to name a few. All cumulating in that amazing fight in the middle of the night against Tszyu back where it all started ( for us not him ) at the Arena.

Never felt it was quite the same after that. Even though he went on to win numerous other World Title fights.

Wonderful memories of a genuine great fighter and as nice a bloke as you could meet. A rare combination.

Really looking forward to watching the documentary.
The undercard for the Tyson fight was my favourite, bar the penultimate fight by the Cockney Italian.

The undercard for the Tyson fight was my favourite, bar the penultimate fight by the Cockney Italian.

Yeah that was some weekend that. All the circus around Tyson. I think Calzaghe and all the usual Manchester fighters like Gomez and Farnell were on the undercard as well. Bit vague now though.

Think it was the year we’d been knocked out of the cup to Leeds and so had a blank weekend.

Oh my we had some fun in vegas.
Brought back some belting memories.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.