have ADUG bought a dud?

Certainly not. We have a great history and we are coooooool, unlike any other premiership team. There's a certain je ne sais quois about City. Very fashionable, unpredictable, cool celebrity fans, and extremely cool real fans. We are not a bunch of glory hunters like some fans I could mention and have a large and growing fan base. We are perfectly positioned (mid table) to be able to make progress and we have flair players.

The future's bright, the future's sky blue. ADUG have made an exciting investment and I'm more optimistic than at any time in years.

Where would be the sense of achievement if ADUG had bought a United, Liverpool or Real Madrid.

Lets hope they enjoy a challenge (to put it mildly!) and are in for the long haul

Cheltblue said:
warpig said:
£350 million invested to buy the club has purchased them little more than ridicule and rejection. World class players and managers (allegedley) unimpressed by silly money protect their repuations and decline entreaties. Have ADUG vastly underestimated the task of turning an unfashionable mid-table team into premier league champions?

You sound like the gutter journos.

quoted from one of todays papers. gold star for you!

Bit cryptic this, and I apologise. If I speculate any more, I don't want the gutter press to pick up on it.

But I think the investment they've made has been worthwhile for the ambitions they have, not just for Manchester City FC. How many times has Manchester City FC been mentioned in the worlds press this last year? Thousands of times. That's what they want.

ADUG don't care about Hughes, they don't spend hours looking over our results wondering if they should sack Hughes. They can see the larger picture, and I think as far as this season is concerned, things have just gone as well as they want.

To be honest, I don't think they even know about our results unless someone mentions it to them. But not it a bad way, in a good way. They're leaving Hughes to it, because we are but step one on a 50-100 year project they have, MCFC is just the start of the project. But they won't ditch us. They'll keep to their word, because if they don't, then the other pieces won't fall into place.

It's perfect for us. We're being given the resources we need to be successful and more famous, and we're being left alone to get it done, as it should be. So we couldn't have it any better

scall1 said:
Bit cryptic this, and I apologise. If I speculate any more, I don't want the gutter press to pick up on it.

But I think the investment they've made has been worthwhile for the ambitions they have, not just for Manchester City FC. How many times has Manchester City FC been mentioned in the worlds press this last year? Thousands of times. That's what they want.

ADUG don't care about Hughes, they don't spend hours looking over our results wondering if they should sack Hughes. They can see the larger picture, and I think as far as this season is concerned, things have just gone as well as they want.

To be honest, I don't think they even know about our results unless someone mentions it to them. But not it a bad way, in a good way. They're leaving Hughes to it, because we are but step one on a 50-100 year project they have, MCFC is just the start of the project. But they won't ditch us. They'll keep to their word, because if they don't, then the other pieces won't fall into place.

It's perfect for us. We're being given the resources we need to be successful and more famous, and we're being left alone to get it done, as it should be. So we couldn't have it any better

"any publicity is good publicity"...right? ;)

Cheltblue said:
warpig said:
£350 million invested to buy the club has purchased them little more than ridicule and rejection. World class players and managers (allegedley) unimpressed by silly money protect their repuations and decline entreaties. Have ADUG vastly underestimated the task of turning an unfashionable mid-table team into premier league champions?

Then i apologise mate but your OP never mentioned any quote.

Cheltblue said:
Cheltblue said:
warpig said:

Then i apologise mate but your OP never mentioned any quote.

didnt want to, just wanted to gauge opinon. apparently mcfc78 thinks it deserves a ban!!!

I would ban you for even daring to suggest it. Of course they haven't bought a dud.

In terms of value for money and potential return on investment we are the bets club they could have bought by far.

Most of the other prem teams need a new stadium to start with - a minimum £350 million investment for anything decent and that's without buying the clube and strenghtening the team.

ADUG have just demonstrated how astute they are for buying the club with the best prospects at a minimal up front investment.

BLUE ARMY !

warpig said:
didnt want to, just wanted to gauge opinon. apparently mcfc78 thinks it deserves a ban!!!

Fookin el, there would be hundreds of posts on here banned if that one got a ban!!!

Nowt abusive so live and let live.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.