Have many of our “fans” become entitled?

I never really understand where this point of view comes from. Total confidence / arrogance / entitlement call it what you will is a natural state of mind to a 20 yr old blue who can barely remember a time when we weren’t successful. Middle aged blues have the memories of the bad old days to keep us miserable / negative / sensible call it what you will.

I’m sure he means well but I think the OP’s post is divisive. An over confident blue isn’t necessarily an entitled JCL **** and nor is a cautious blue a miserable bitter old twat. In the end we all want the same thing even though we’re all different.
As explained earlier, it's not how we see ourselves, it's how others perceive some of us. Yeh, we may see it as confidence, others will see it as the superior team rubbing everyone else's nose in their superiority.

Isn't this what we City fans coined as "Raggish Behaviour" over the decades, when that lot at Old Toilet did it to us? If we start doing the same, aren't we turning into those we despise? I think this is the OP's point, & whilst it doesn't apply to the vast majority of us, I've 100% noticed it creeping into the way some of our fans view football today where City are concerned.

The guy fitting our patio doors yesterday turned out to be a City fan. The arm tattoos gave it away. He started watching with his dad in the early 80's , He was confident we'd win against Chelsea in the final, i'm a bit more nervy. We both agreed we'd seen some real shite over the years so we were happy to be where we were. He said he'd been doing a job at an ex City players house recently, thick as mince but a real nice guy ( won't say his name he may be lurking). Fitter will be back in 3 weeks to finish off, one way or another we said we'd have a beer. Might be a generational thing, all this arrogant, entitled billy big bollocks stuff. No question we've attracted fans because of our increasing profile and success, it's only natural. Becoming a 'bigger' club with more fans worldwide there will inevitably be support for an ESL from some of them - what difference does it make to them? Tales of yore, stood on the Kippax, Bell, Lee, Summerbee, violence being shite, will mean nothing to the new generations, they will have had success on a regular basis, they will expect it and they will feel entitled to see it. They know no different unless their Dad, Mum, Grandad tell them how it used to be - and how easy it is for them to return

What a shit thread. I don't see why I would be regarded as "entitled" just because I think our rightful place is top of the Premier League and winning the Champions League

My brother ( a rag) said to me last week that I wsa likme Rees-Mogg laughing at those with less money

I know its through jealousy seeing how far that shitstain have fallen,- but Jeez,- Rees mogg, that really is below the belt

In addition to some of the excellent posts above I do think the media play a part. City losing is big news but winning, relative to the rags and dippers, is underreported.

That in your face, endless reams of news articles of it being “The end for Guardiola”, “They should be winning everything with the team they have” and add to that the “sportswashing” shite it is bound to influence people’s reaction when we lose. It’s all made to be more than a game of football and almost an attack on the individual for daring to be a City fan.

Whilst it’s not only the younger fans, it does seem to affect them more as they tend to place more trust in the things they read online.

Last edited:
You forgot fans who won't be renewing their season tickets because they didn't get an email when they thought they should.

Well I havent received an apology email about the ESL so City can f...

Oh wait a minute ! So my son got an email lol.

In all serious it's not just the fans its society.
I work for the local council and we get more complaints nowadays than say 10, 15yrs ago. We get more abuse in the streets, than 10, 15 yes ago its society.

Most people can just a email of complaint from their phone, in the 'old' days you had to write a letter , than post it wait for a reply etc
We get at least 3 or 4 people day moan at us for being council workers or verbally abuse us. Most of these people come out of the pubs or betting shops.

So I think it's only natural that City will start to get this type of behaviour on a forum.

I would say it's across all age groups, its do much easier these days to moan and complain, an email sent in minutes, abuse on a forum from a faceless peoples.
We dont all use our really names aka give it to Gordon ! My really name is Gary !.
Would I post so much crap if I used my really name ?

I hear fans moan about some players , something I try not to.

But this year has been stressful, strange, something we have never lived thought before.
For many football has been an outlet away of getting things of your chest.
Hopefully once live gets back to normal, the slacking of of people in general stops.
Personally I don't think well sadly.

People are now in the habit of moaning.

Only the other day two young lads from our place were called into the office and bollocked and told of because a member of the public said she saw them both pissing up a tree in the park when litter picking.
A quick email to the boss. The two lads were leaning on a tree looking at their phones whilst having a fag. Sadly the boss believed the moan straight away. There is no way these lads would do that. We always carry empty bottles in the transit Van's if needed. Mind you with the transit van now gone and replaced with 50 year old milkfloats we cant pee in a bottle now ! But that's another story lol

British people just like to moan and see the worst in people sadly.

That's my rambling thoughts on it ;)

Last edited:
The short answer is probably yes.

However for the older fan like myself who has suffered for years then I would definitely say no. I am grateful for any trophy and just glad to see entertaining football and for our team to actually stand a chance of competing against the top teams. I still think we will make a balls up if we are 2-0 up going into extra time.

What a shit thread. I don't see why I would be regarded as "entitled" just because I think our rightful place is top of the Premier League and winning the Champions League
Dont think it’s about that, not for me anyway. What bugs me isn’t thinking we now belong at the top, it’s the whining, and blaming,the thinking they know better than the Manager, the sometimes ott criticism of certain players if we happen to lose a game or get knocked out of a competition, think that,# what the op is talking about.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.