Have people forgotten early April 2012 already?!

sorry, i had to bump this for all the naysayers on this thread

im allowed to be smug, we've just won the title ;)

shemnel said:
On the 11th April United sat on 79pts after 32 games, City had 71 pts after 32 games. The rest, as they say, is history.

Tonight was pretty shambolic and we made a total arse of a game we should have put to bed. The seeming lack of desire was a bit disconcerting but we rae in the same situation as 2 years ago; we aim to win the last 5 and hope for a couple of slips from the league leaders.

Don't be under any false pretences; we had to hope for snookers 2 years ago when we won the title after drawing to Stoke, losing to Arsenal and - wait for it - drawing 3-3 with SUNDERLAND with a late equaliser from us.

it's all happening again.....

You're a fuckin prophet mate! What a difference a month makes eh?

BluessinceHydeRoad said:
I haven't forgotten April 2012 "already". No City fan will ever forget it. What we don't remember is any club/managerial statement that City's strategy to win the title would be to lull other teams into a fall sense of security at the top by letting them establish a lead of more than a point a game, before pegging it back in 4 matches, then apparently mucking up the title again before winning it heroically with a goal from the last kick of the last match of the season. It doesn't always work.

Worked a treat.....again, and well in shemnel.

SWP's back said:
jimharri said:
shemnel said:
No it isn't. And anyway; two years back, we were only battling with one team. Now we have to hope that two teams will fuck up. Don't torture yourself; it's gone.
Ooops
Indeed. I got it badly wrong, and I humbly beseech the powers that be on here to accept my grovelling apology. And thanks for reminding me of the error of my ways; very, er, kind of you.

SWP's back said:
jimharri said:
shemnel said:
No it isn't. And anyway; two years back, we were only battling with one team. Now we have to hope that two teams will fuck up. Don't torture yourself; it's gone.
Ooops

As he got a job as a BBC Pundit now Alan Hansen is retiring? lol

shemnel said:
sorry, i had to bump this for all the naysayers on this thread

im allowed to be smug, we've just won the title ;)

You're a fucking star, matey. Not normally a doomer but even I had given up that night.

Nice one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.